How Much Chemical Solution Is Needed for Proper Dosing in Water Treatment?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Bashir2008
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Hello everybody..

I have aquestion and hope to get help..please bear with me and try to finish reading my question..

Thank u very much for your time.

My question is

I have a pilot plant filter.. and i need to add some chemicals to the raw water before entering the filter..say for instance the water flow rate is around 20L/h

the concentration of the chmical solution is %10.. and i need to add (dose) 5mg/L...which means 5mg of the chemials to 1L of water (flows in pipe before the filter )..
My question is how much (liter or milliters ) of the solution (chemicals) should i dose it to the water to give me the 5mg/l ?
I need to solve this problem in order to get the specification of the right dosing pump that i need to buy..
So please try to help me out with this.
Thank u very much
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
I'm not an expert, but I'm having trouble understanding what you mean by a %10 solution. Wouldn't you have to express that concentration in terms of mg/L? Or could you express the mg/L that a 100% solution would have?