Drakkith Mentor Messages 23,212 Reaction score 7,701 Thread starter Oct 4, 2010 #1 How reactive is a proton? Could you have a "gas" or something of protons confined to small pipes without them reacting heavily with the material?
How reactive is a proton? Could you have a "gas" or something of protons confined to small pipes without them reacting heavily with the material?
Sakha Messages 297 Reaction score 0 Oct 5, 2010 #2 To achieve that I think high temperatures are required and some form of plasma will form. Ionized hydrogen is a fancy way of saying protons. I think it's highly corrosive.
To achieve that I think high temperatures are required and some form of plasma will form. Ionized hydrogen is a fancy way of saying protons. I think it's highly corrosive.
Bob S Messages 4,662 Reaction score 8 Oct 5, 2010 #3 Some metals become brittle and fracture after exposure to hydrogen. Look up hydrogen embrittlement: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_embrittlement Bob S
Some metals become brittle and fracture after exposure to hydrogen. Look up hydrogen embrittlement: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_embrittlement Bob S