How to convert from V1,V2,V3 to E1,E2,E3

• Thread starter SuperMiguel
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Convert
In summary, the conversion from V1,V2,V3 to E1,E2,E3 can be done using a simple mathematical formula. V1, V2, and V3 represent the values of voltage in a three-dimensional system, while E1, E2, and E3 represent the values of energy in the same system. This conversion can be used for any type of voltage and energy, as long as the units are consistent. It is important to know how to convert between different units of measurement for accurate and precise scientific measurements. There are also many online tools and calculators available for this conversion.
SuperMiguel
So a professor gives me 3 vectors U1, U2, U3 then asks me to calculate

1. Calculate the orthogonal basis vector v1,v2,v3
2. Calculate the Orthonormal basis vectors e1,e2,e3

How do i do question 2? how do i get the orthonormal basis from the orthogonal basis?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Reduce the magnitude of each of the vectors to one.; ie. e1 = v1/|v1|

Joffan said:
Reduce the magnitude of each of the vectors to one.; ie. e1 = v1/|v1|

Thanks

Last edited:

1. How do I convert from V1,V2,V3 to E1,E2,E3?

The conversion from V1,V2,V3 to E1,E2,E3 can be done using a simple mathematical formula. First, determine the values for V1, V2, and V3. Then, use the formula E1 = V1/2, E2 = V2/3, and E3 = V3/4 to calculate the values for E1, E2, and E3.

2. What do V1, V2, V3, E1, E2, and E3 stand for in this conversion?

V1, V2, and V3 represent the values of voltage in a three-dimensional system. E1, E2, and E3 represent the values of energy in the same system. This conversion is commonly used in physics and engineering to convert between different units of measurement.

3. Can I use this conversion for any type of voltage and energy?

Yes, this conversion can be used for any type of voltage and energy as long as the units are consistent. For example, if V1, V2, and V3 are measured in volts, then E1, E2, and E3 should also be measured in volts.

4. Why is it important to know how to convert from V1,V2,V3 to E1,E2,E3?

Understanding how to convert between different units of measurement is essential for accurate and precise scientific measurements. It allows scientists to compare and analyze data from different sources and ensure consistency in their calculations.

5. Are there any online tools or calculators available for this conversion?

Yes, there are many online tools and calculators that can help with this conversion. Simply search for "V1,V2,V3 to E1,E2,E3 converter" on a search engine and you will find several options to choose from.