How to get interested in chemistry as an A-Level student

  • Thread starter Thread starter Georgepowell
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Motivation
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Georgepowell
Messages
182
Reaction score
0
I am doing my A-Levels: Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry.

I am doing very well at F-Maths/Maths and physics. I'm getting 90-100% in the mock tests, but I'm just not enjoying or doing well in chemistry.

The teacher doesn't seem to have a deep understanding of the subject, so she can't answer my questions that are beyond the syllabus. I have not had a problem with revision or understanding with subjects that I enjoy, but chemistry at my school just bores me. I am considering dropping it.

I got interested in maths/physics when I read "A Brief History Of Time". I then went on to read a whole load of popular science books, and I find them all fascinating. But they were all physics/maths orientated.

Can someone recommend a good chemistry pop-science book? I'm not fussy, I think even knowledge beyond the syllabus is a motivator for me.

Any other advice/comments would be good.

Thanks

edit: I should have put this thread into the Academic Guidance section... Is there a way I can move it?
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org