1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

How to get into Quantum Computers?

1. Aug 20, 2012 #1
    Hello, I am an undergraduate junior majoring in ECE. Right now I am still taking my core major classes but soon I need to specialize. I am very interested in computer hardware and software and would not mind at all graduating with Computer Engineering. But in the future, maybe after grad school, I would really like to work on something exotic in the tech field. How do I best prepare myself to do cutting edge research in the future?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 21, 2012 #2
    Study the topic at school and/or on your own. Try to find out where the research is currently and where it's heading.

Write your theses about something related to the topic to demonstrate your interest and your ability to research the field. If possible, you can write even more about the topic on your own to demonstrate your interest and/or perhaps do some lab work on your own related to the topic.

If you want to do research in academia, then do the PhD dissertation and seek out and join a research group that does research in the field. If you want to work in the private sector, then try to seek out a company that works on something related to quantum computers.

4. Aug 21, 2012 #3

chiro

Science Advisor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook