How would you rate yourself on a scale of morality?

  • Thread starter Thread starter wolram
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Rate
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11 replies · 3K views
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Messages
4,411
Reaction score
552
Have you ever had a fight with your conscience? thinking you may be a bit bad, well for sure i have, but from a scale of 1 to 10 i rate myself as may be a 5, only a saint would rate as a 1 or 2, how would you rate your self.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
hmmm that's a hard one. I tend to think of other people before myself. I instinctively try to help people, but I only take bull for so long before I can be a b*#ch. I guess it really depends on the situation. For example, if youre unlucky enough to wake me up from a good sleep you will be unlucky enough to catch a side of me no one should have to see. If youre in trouble though or need someone to help/ talk to I always do my best to be there for people. People who create problems for themselves and complain a lot generally don't get much sympathy from me. Sometimes my instincts say to be nice, but I choose to be truthful even if its going to upset someone simply because I think it fixes more problems than telling people what they want to hear all the time just to make them feel better. Despite all that, a lot of people come to me for advice because they know I am honest. Some people don't because they already know what I am going to say and its not what they want to hear.

My brain often says things like "dont eat that" but I do anyways, or "you should be studying" as I put on my spiked heels and head off to the party. I usually ignore my brain at these moments.

I guess I am with you Wolram in that Id have to rate myself at 4 or 5
 
I'm not.

My name is Bob. Most guys named Bob are nice guys, so I get 2 points for that.

I collect slide rules. Most people that collect slide rules are nice guys, so I get 3 points for that.

My dog is nice. I get at least 1 point for that.

I didn't help an old lady cross the street, so -1 for that. But, I didn't run her over either, so I get .5 points back.

Uh, I'm stuck for much else. I guess 5.5 is okay.
 
Topher925 said:
I'm an 11

And you're good with binary numbers, as well. :biggrin:
 
BobG said:
And you're good with binary numbers, as well. :biggrin:


You got it!

There's only 10 types of people in the world, those who know binary and those who don't.
 
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who know trinary, those who don't, and those who think I just screwed up a binary joke
 
Topher925 said:
You got it!

There's only 10 types of people in the world, those who know binary and those who don't.


So who is this binary?
 
wolram said:
So who is this binary?

bi = two
nary = not one

So binary is two-not-one.