m k
Gold Member
- 17
- 7
How would you explain your blue blood hands without a background?
I agree. Many people are so "civilized" and dependent on modern-day infrastructures and technologies, that they aren't able to survive without them even now, let alone 200 years ago. Just the simple action of making a fire is a skill that many don't have.Aniruddha@94 said:That would be secondary. Given that I don't know anything about hunting/chopping wood or any other such basic thing, I wonder if I'd actually survive. Also, I don't know anything much about the lifestyle in previous times so I'd be heavily dependent on someone else.
If you were transported to a cooler climate, such as northern Europe or parts of North America, having the skills to cut wood might be essential. In the tropics you might be able to survive on fruits and such, but in desert areas such as the Sahara and Saudi Arabia, hunting would be a crucial skill.Joyal Babu said:Depends on where you want to be 200 years back.You don't really need to know chopping/hunting to live
micromass said:I'm not sarcasting at all!
Sure,ProfuselyQuarky said:Oh, cute! You've turned the word "sarcastic" into a verb. :!)
Chopin should work but Rachmaninov could you end up in a place where they button up their jackets on the rear ...Jonathan Scott said:... although I'm not sure what they would think of Chopin and Rachmaninov's music before they had been born!
Is it I sarcasted or as to cast simply I sarcast?Mark44 said:Sure,
I sarcast
you sarcast
he/she/it sarcasts
we sarcast
you (pl.) sarcast
they sarcast
For the past tense (preterit), most authorities (fresh_42 said:Is it I sarcasted or as to cast simply I sarcast?
) favor "I sarcast", similar to "the fisherman cast his line into the river."rootone said:I will know in advance the result of every forthcoming horse race, not to mention stock market fluctuations, lotteries, elections, wars, and important scientific discoveries.
I should be able to get very rich before eventually being imprisoned or assassinated,
rootone said:well a lot of them anyway, since before I travel back in time much of the information will be available as historical records.
Unless something catastrophic happens, I would expect even more. Research progress and also its impact on our lives tend to get faster. Life in 1913 (to avoid the war) was different from 1813, but no comparison to the 2013 world.Joyal Babu said:can we actually expect such a huge change 200 years from now?
Genetic engineering of, and across, species an everyday occurrence - and problem. Heavily regulated by governments, officially restricted to certifiable cases of medical necessity and public interest done in licensed labs, yet unofficially performed in backstreet alleys for physical and mental enhancement, with side effects - some rather unpleasant for the bearer, others for the public, yet others for both.Joyal Babu said:Say guys what might we expect to find two hundred years into the future.What might be the most profound change?Definitely we have become very advanced compared to our ancestors 200 years back,can we actually expect such a huge change 200 years from now?If yes what all might it be.Which all science fictions can actually become reality.
Well I'll be sort of an imaginer/dreamer. Before I go, I'll study the technological accomplishments that happened from 1816 to today(not necessarily the technological details, but the concepts), and I 'll go to past and become a dreamer who dream about technology! Well as I know that what I know can really be accomplish-able, I'd find a place in the society among the educated class like what Arther C Clerk had!micromass said:Assume that you are being sent back in time. You can choose the exact time period, but it has to be more than 200 years ago. You cannot bring anything with you.
How would you use your current knowledge in order to survive? Would you be able to get rich/famous/powerful? Note: you cannot learn anything new before going, you'll have to rely on everything you know right now.
Assume that language barriers won't be an issue.
HyperTechno said:Before I go, I'll study the technological accomplishments that happened from 1816 to today
Alright... I'm thinking!micromass said:Read the first post, you're not supposed to look up extra information.
Well, perhaps you'd be able to write some interesting fiction!HyperTechno said:Alright... I'm thinking!
Well , I still know about so many technological advancements the mankind has had since the coal age! And I'll use that knowledge to do that dreaming thing after I travel to past! As I know that those technological advancements are really achievable , I might be a successful dreamer!
And I can use whatever creativity I have to form more creative concepts upon my knowledge and make the world achieve things more creatively and in early stages! Ex: invention of smart watch before the smart phone!
Well, It's just an example to explain what I really meant...Jonathan Scott said:Well, perhaps you'd be able to write some interesting fiction!
But there's a very long way between knowing that a smartwatch is possible and having any idea how to get there.
That's great... You going to bring the present world the future...EnumaElish said:Chlorined water. Electric battery. Hydroelectric dam. Electromagnetic dynamo. The idea that tooth cavities can be cleaned and filled; build a team to invent the tools. Steam engine. Pasteurization. Vaccination. Pneumatic tubes. First mechanical calculator. Sewage removal. Trial-and-error with asphalt. Human powered flight. Human powered submergible. Telescope. Camera. And more.
Genghiz Khan could become a successful, if somewhat heavy-handed, dentist.HyperTechno said:That's great... You going to bring the present world the future...
Well these things can not only bring the tech development in early stages than we have normally acquired, but also can alter the path the world has gone! Cuz innovative thinkers can use their thinking power to develop concepts that we have never dreamed!