I can name that physicist in 5 notes.

In summary, the conversation discusses a picture of Albert Einstein made up of 21 famous physicists. The conversation also includes a hint about the number of letters in the last names of these physicists and a comment about the ease of guessing with the provided list. In the end, the conversation reveals that 20 of the names were known and the list was helpful in confirming guesses.
tribdog
thMosaicm.jpg

Full Size Picture
Making up this picture of Albert Einstein are the pictures of 21 famous physicists. How many can you name?
In alphabetical order the last names of these physicists contain this many letters:8,5,4,13,5,5,5,7,5,7,7,8(4-4),10,6,11,5,6,10,11,5,5
Hint: Some are mathematicians and some are physicists and some are greater than others, but all are well known. Or should be.
the first letter of each last name is:A,B,B,C,C,D,E,F,F,F,G,G,H,N,O,P,P,R,S,T,V

all.jpg

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
all2.jpg

1.A-------
2. B----
3. B---
4. C------------
5. C----
6. D----
7. E----
8. F------
9. F----
10. F------
11. G------
12. G--- - M---
13. H---------
14. N-----
15. O----------
16. P----
17. P-----
18. R---------
19. S----------
20. T----
21. V----

Last edited:
20- Tesla

Nice, but I think the list showing the first letter and the number of letters made it too easy. I had to confirm some guesses using Google for images of that person.

Here's what I got:
Avogadro
Bethe
Bohr
Chandrasekhar
Curie
Dirac
Euler
Faraday
Fermi
Feynman
Galileo
Gell-Mann
Heisenberg
Newton
Oppenheimer
Pauli
Planck
Rutherford
Schrodinger
Tesla
Volta

I wouldn't have put the list with the letters, but no one was attempting without it.

What is "I can name that physicist in 5 notes"?

"I can name that physicist in 5 notes" is a game or challenge where someone is given five musical notes and must guess the name of a physicist associated with those notes.

How do you play "I can name that physicist in 5 notes"?

To play "I can name that physicist in 5 notes," someone will play five musical notes, either on an instrument or by singing, and the participant must guess which physicist is associated with those notes. The participant can ask for clues or hints if needed.

What is the purpose of "I can name that physicist in 5 notes"?

The purpose of "I can name that physicist in 5 notes" is to have fun while learning about famous physicists and their contributions to science. It can also be a way to test one's knowledge and memory of scientists and their work.

Can anyone play "I can name that physicist in 5 notes"?

Yes, anyone can play "I can name that physicist in 5 notes" as long as they have some knowledge of famous physicists and their work. It can be played alone or with a group of people.

Are there variations of "I can name that physicist in 5 notes"?

Yes, there are variations of "I can name that physicist in 5 notes" such as using different musical instruments or playing with a limited time frame. Some versions also allow the participant to ask for more notes or clues if they are having trouble guessing the physicist's name.