I cannot figure out how to not use the quick reply box

• Thread starter Strum
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the lack of a button for a new reply that would take the user to a new page with a larger editing box. The other participants in the conversation suggest using the preview button or the reply button under individual posts, but it is noted that the editing box now simply expands as needed, with no need for a separate page.
Strum
Is there no button for a new reply which takes me to a new page with more space to see my writing? Is that to old fashioned?

Physics news on Phys.org
Click PREVIEW under quick reply box.

I think what he wants is a larger editing box, not simply a preview. I don't see any way to get a larger editing box, either.

Under the old software, hitting the "Reply" button underneath an individual post opened up a separate page with a large editing box. Now it simply takes you to the editing box at the bottom of the thread, and pastes in a quote of the post being replied to.

Under Chropera editing box grows together with the post size, I assumed it does the same under other browsers.

Borek said:
Under Chropera editing box grows together with the post size, I assumed it does the same under other browsers.
Hmmm, let's see...
line 2
line 3
line 4
line 5
line 6
line 7
line 8

You're right! At least it also does this under Firefox (Mac OS). I've surely seen this before, but it didn't stick in my mind. I was thinking the edit box acquires a scroll bar when the post becomes long enough.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
jtbell said:
I think what he wants is a larger editing box, not simply a preview. I don't see any way to get a larger editing box, either.

Under the old software, hitting the "Reply" button underneath an individual post opened up a separate page with a large editing box. Now it simply takes you to the editing box at the bottom of the thread, and pastes in a quote of the post being replied to.

This what was i ment. For some reason I hadn't checked what would happen if I used up all the lines in the box. The dynamic box is pretty smart!

Likes Greg Bernhardt

What is the quick reply box and how does it work?

The quick reply box is a feature commonly found on messaging apps and social media platforms. It allows users to quickly send a response to a message without having to open a new window or page. To use it, simply click on the quick reply box and type your response before hitting send.

Why can't I figure out how to not use the quick reply box?

The quick reply box is a default feature on many platforms, and it may not be possible to disable it. However, some apps and websites may have settings or options to turn off the quick reply box. Check the app or website's settings or contact their customer support for assistance.

Is there a way to customize the quick reply box?

Some messaging apps and social media platforms allow users to customize the quick reply box, such as changing the color or font. However, not all platforms have this option. Check the app or website's settings to see if customization is available.

Can I use the quick reply box on all messages?

The quick reply box is usually available for direct messages or private conversations. It may not be available for group chats or public posts. Again, check the app or website's settings or instructions for more information.

Are there any alternatives to using the quick reply box?

Yes, if you do not want to use the quick reply box, you can simply open a new window or page to respond to messages. Some platforms also have the option to turn off the quick reply box and only use the traditional reply method. Experiment with different options to find what works best for you.