I have troubles relating the idea with the formulas

In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of struggling with understanding and remembering formulas in physics, specifically in relation to solids and fluids. The person is seeking resources, such as a self-testing site or list of questions, to improve their understanding and retention of the material. The idea of working on the derivation of formulas and solving practice problems is also suggested as helpful methods for familiarization.
paki123
I have a problem with physics when it comes to relating new ideas with new formulas. Like right now I'm learning about Solids and Fluids, and the problem i have now is remember what formulas to use when, what each of the parts of the formula mean, etc. Is there a site or a list of questions that I can use to self test? I just need a general list of questions so that I can test myself on whatever material I am covering.

Physics news on Phys.org
When you have a formula, do you work on it's derivation in as much detail as possible? You might want to do it, it would give you a lot of insight on when a certain formula is applicable and not.

Also, solving lots of problem is usually helpful with familiarizing yourself with it.

1. How can I better understand the relationship between ideas and formulas in science?

One way to better understand the relationship between ideas and formulas in science is to break down the concept into smaller, more manageable parts. Start by identifying the main idea or concept, and then look for any relevant formulas or equations that support it. You can also try visualizing the relationship by creating diagrams or graphs to represent the concept and its formula.

2. Why is it important to be able to relate ideas with formulas in science?

Being able to relate ideas with formulas in science is important because it allows you to apply theoretical concepts to real-world situations. This understanding allows you to make predictions, solve problems, and draw conclusions based on scientific principles and data.

3. What should I do if I am having trouble connecting an idea with its corresponding formula?

If you are having trouble connecting an idea with its corresponding formula, try breaking down the formula into smaller parts and understanding each component separately. You can also seek help from a teacher, tutor, or fellow classmates to discuss and clarify any confusion you may have.

4. How can I improve my ability to relate ideas with formulas in science?

Improving your ability to relate ideas with formulas in science takes practice and patience. It is important to regularly review and practice using different formulas and equations to reinforce your understanding. You can also try to make connections between different formulas and their underlying concepts to deepen your understanding.

5. What resources are available to help me with understanding the relationship between ideas and formulas in science?

There are many resources available to help you with understanding the relationship between ideas and formulas in science. You can consult textbooks, online tutorials, or seek help from a teacher or tutor. Additionally, participating in study groups or practicing problems with classmates can also be beneficial in improving your understanding.