1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I have troubles relating the idea with the formulas

1. Nov 23, 2012 #1
    I have a problem with physics when it comes to relating new ideas with new formulas. Like right now I'm learning about Solids and Fluids, and the problem i have now is remember what formulas to use when, what each of the parts of the formula mean, etc. Is there a site or a list of questions that I can use to self test? I just need a general list of questions so that I can test myself on whatever material I am covering.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 23, 2012 #2
    When you have a formula, do you work on it's derivation in as much detail as possible? You might want to do it, it would give you a lot of insight on when a certain formula is applicable and not.

Also, solving lots of problem is usually helpful with familiarizing yourself with it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook