Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I just spent over $60 on a small bottle of whiskey

1. Dec 12, 2008 #1
    ... as a Chanukah present for my parents. haha. though they better let me try some of this fancy stuff.

Anyway, as I was buying it, the old guy at the counter seemed somewhat irked at me for some reason. Meanwhile, the girl who was behind me in line seemed to immediately become aware of the fact that I existed, just as soon as the old guy said "that'll be 61.95."

As I was leaving she shot me a sort of look I've never known about before that for some reason made me think that I'd rather enjoy being the sort of person who buys $60 bottles of whiskey on a regular basis, and or spills them on scantly-clad dancers on your TV screen, spouting uninspired lyrics over a repetitive beat and stolen samples, letting da hundred dolla bills rain.

I realize now that I have misjudged the Lil Waynes and T-Paynes of the world; because, if for only a split second, I was one of them... and darn it if it didn't feel good to be hated by pear-shaped old white dudes and receive lascivious, though emotionally empty, glances from superficial prettygirls.

So I learned something new this holiday season.

God bless us, every one!

[​IMG]

Even these two.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 12, 2008 #2
    What kind of whisky was it?

4. Dec 12, 2008 #3
    doesn't matter what kind, he's sexy now

5. Dec 12, 2008 #4
    It matters to me. Scotch? Irish? Blended? Single Malt? Pot Still? 12, 18, 20 years? Details man!

6. Dec 12, 2008 #5
    dis kind. da gaingsta kind.

[​IMG]

an das real. brap! brap!

7. Dec 12, 2008 #6
    ahahhaha your the man!

8. Dec 12, 2008 #7

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Its Rowan Atkinson!!!

9. Dec 12, 2008 #8
    man, this is terrible for my street-cred.

10. Dec 12, 2008 #9
    The first step is admitting.

11. Dec 12, 2008 #10
    Delectable.

12. Dec 12, 2008 #11
    The second step is toasting.

13. Dec 12, 2008 #12
    AHahah, you and moe are quite the smart asses lately.

14. Dec 12, 2008 #13
    Here's to you, here's to me. May we never disagree. But if we do, **** you. Here's to me.

*swig* hic...

15. Dec 12, 2008 #14
    Ahh, I fell the love now! :!!)

16. Dec 12, 2008 #15
    This sounded good to me, so I tried it out. Due to a ceremony I attended a few years back, I'm no longer allowed to impress the young ones unless the old hawk is looking in a different direction which she never is. I'd like to trade in my 40 for a couple of 20's, but Eagle-eye says they're too young to catch and I have to throw them back. Anyway, I headed for the liquor store with a $60 bill in my pocket and lust in my heart. I went straight for the expensive stuff. And there it was, Glenrothes Scotch Whiskey, the very thing. And there was a woman in the store too. Jackpot. I couldn't see her face as she was rummaging though the cheap wines, but she looked good from behind. This was too good to be true. The poorer she is, the more impressed she'll be with my spendthriftery. She was taking her own good time about it though and while I was waiting for her to make for the checkout so I could jump in front of her, I took a drink from the bottle. I figured it would be OK since I was going to buy it anyway. I took another look in her direction just as she was leaving the whites and heading for the reds. I was starting to get impatient. I mean wine is wine right? Who is she trying to impress anyway? No matter, I took another sip and started to read the labels on the bags of chips and other munchies. Now she was starting on the roses, pink wine. I took another bolt of lightning and started singing old ballads under my breath. This was going to take forever. No wait, she picked one out. I wish I could get a look at that face, but no matter, I take a quick swig and stagger over to the checkout so as to be there when she gets on line behind me. I made it, but in my current state, it was inevitable that I knocked over a few of the bottles on display. No matter, the clerk calls out for $61.95 so Elijah could hear. Perfection. I slyly turn around and smile dizzily at the lady who promply conks me on the cpu with a bottle of $4.99 rose. It's the old bat and she wants to know why I'm buying $61.95 booze when I was supposed to be getting that loaf of bread and bottle of milk that she sent me out for in the first place. From now on, I'm sticking with beer.

17. Dec 12, 2008 #16
    Thank you moe and jimmysnyder for some terrific entertainment.

18. Dec 12, 2008 #17
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

she should have known that smutty websites like Physicsforums.com are a bad influence on husbands :biggrin:

19. Dec 12, 2008 #18
    What with all the the colliding bodies, oscillatory functions, and bounded curves.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?