Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I know, lets launch a car into space!

1. Feb 21, 2007 #1

Gold Member

Ok, lets face it, space shuttles are expensive. Very expensive. Wouldn't it be great if we could find a low cost alternative vehicle to launch into space, like, oh, I dunno, a Reliant Robin- one of those crappy little three wheel cars that have been mocked continuously from their release to present day. What do you suppose would happen if one were strapped onto the back of a scaled down shuttle launcher and blasted into the skies of northern england? Click the link to find out (skip to about 17:50 for the launch). Best waste of BBC money ever! :rofl:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 21, 2007 #2

They nearly made it too!

The launch looked pretty perfect - just the failure to separate left me :cry:

British engineering at its finest! :approve:

e2a: they pulled most of the America one from youtube but this one stays http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7-1XVob2Xw:rofl:
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2007
  4. Feb 21, 2007 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Was a lovely straight ascent until the boosters separated and the bolt failed. I think they should try again :smile:
  5. Feb 21, 2007 #4
    That was excellent! I love the humor.
  6. Feb 21, 2007 #5

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I was weeing myself all the way through this one. I thought the trip across the US was the best yet. Can't wait for Sunday night!
  7. Feb 21, 2007 #6
    seems like the link is not working :cry:

edit.. here are some currently working links:

edit2... Just watched it, awesome :rofl:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  8. Feb 21, 2007 #7
    omg, you gotta be kidding me!!

9. Feb 21, 2007 #8
    :rofl: OMG THATS FUNNY!!!
  10. Feb 21, 2007 #9
    best programme ever.
  11. Feb 21, 2007 #10

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I missed the shuttle episode, but the one where they went to the US was hilarious! here's a short clip:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  12. Feb 21, 2007 #11
    LMAO that clip is hilarious. When is the next part of the US trip going to air?
  13. Feb 21, 2007 #12

Homework Helper

Hehehe... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  14. Feb 21, 2007 #13

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Its been aired fully but the BBC keep removing the program from places like youtube and google video because of copyright laws.
  15. Feb 21, 2007 #14
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?