I learnt incorrectly in the past and I'm not sure how to fix it

  • Topic: Studying 
  • Thread starter Thread starter TheePhysicsStudent
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    A level Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3 replies · 2K views
TheePhysicsStudent
Messages
21
Reaction score
17
Greetings,

I am studying A level physics, and I am now in my second year of the course. I have recently started learning the concepts more intuitively to gain a deep understand of each concept, allowing me to apply it in new circumstances, and this has led to increased results in all of the assesments we have done for year 2 physics as things stand.

I realise now the way I learnt concepts in my first year was incorrect (although I did try hard), as instead of questioning what I don't understand to understand things deeper and become more fluent in the content, I simply accepted things for what they were. This led to me not being able to apply these concepts in new circumstances effectively, and poorer test results (Although i still ended up with a really low A at the end of the year)

How should I go about learning the Year 1 content deeply, to improve from a low A student, to a good A* student. I have around 3 months until my next set of exams, which means I have ample time to do so but I am not so sure how to go about doing so. I was thinking of remaking notes but I am honestly not too sure if that is a waste of time.

Many thanks,

TheePhysicsStudent.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Work a lot of problems in areas you are unsure of.
 
TheePhysicsStudent said:
Thanks, I will do so.
You need to be more specific about what you don't understand.