I think I might be bad at physics. I desperately want to get better.

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4 replies · 852 views
g-r-a-e-m-e
How did you find PF?
Relatively frequent visitor, new member
Hello!

My name is Graeme and I'm pursuing a BS in Astrophysics. I have undergraduate degrees in business, economics, and analytics, and a Masters in business analytics. When I was nearing the completion of my MS, I rediscovered my love for science and enrolled in this BS program shortly after graduating. My long-term goal is to earn a PhD in Physics, Astronomy, or Astrophysics, and I hope to be a research scientist one day.

Here's the rub... I think I might be bad at physics? I desperately want to get better, though. The study techniques that worked in my prior programs do not seem to be working for my Astrophysics program. I'm hoping that I can engage with this community to identify and correct my gaps in understanding this material.

I look forward to chatting with y'all!

- Graeme
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman and DeBangis21
Physics news on Phys.org
You have just finished your first year? What courses have you taken and how well did you do? Do you have any specific concerns?