I think we need a PF Entry in the Red Bull

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
In summary, Red Bull Flugtag is an event where participants try to fly homemade flying machines off a pier into the sea. Many people attend just for the entertainment value, but some enter to compete in the event.
Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I think we need a PF Entry in the Red Bull Flugtag.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Bull_Flugtag

DSC_0000.JPG

Red Bull Flugtag (German: flight day, airshow) is an event owned and operated by Red Bull in which competitors attempt to fly homemade human-powered flying machines. The flying machines are usually launched off a pier about 30 feet (9.1 m) high into the sea (or suitably sized reservoir of water). Most competitors enter for the entertainment value, and the flying machines rarely fly at all.

I am envisioning a flying Supersonic RV with nuns on board. Or maybe an "Ivan-o-pult" to launch Ivan Seeking over the harbor in an alien craft. :cool:

Physics news on Phys.org

Math Is Hard said:
I am envisioning a flying Supersonic RV

Lonestar?

Hmm, maybe we can find some used contraptions from earlier shows, a predecessor from Flugtag for instance, originating in 1971 is our Te Land ter zee en in de lucht.

Andre said:
Hmm, maybe we can find some used contraptions from earlier shows, a predecessor from Flugtag for instance, originating in 1971 is our Te Land ter zee en in de lucht.

That sounds even better than Flugtag! It sounds like a crazy obstacle course.

Math Is Hard said:
I think we need a PF Entry in the Red Bull Flugtag.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Bull_Flugtag

DSC_0000.JPG

I was thinking that Greg would look good on top of one of those.

Or maybe an "Ivan-o-pult" to launch Ivan Seeking over the harbor in an alien craft. :cool:

Anymore comments like that and you won't be getting a probe for Christmas.

Ivan Seeking said:
I was thinking that Greg would look good on top of one of those.

He would. And it would be such great PR for PF.

Anymore comments like that and you won't be getting a probe for Christmas.

My apologies, Ivan. :redface:

I'd love to pilot one of those... :)

Giant penguin?

If PF made one, it would probably fly off and reach orbit.

Greg Bernhardt said:
I'm attending the event in Philadelphia this sat. I'm super excited!
http://www.redbullflugtagusa.com/Philadelphia2010

Here is a recorded event in Minneapolis
http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/99177024.html?elr=KArks:DCiUoaW_eEO7UiacyKUnciaec8O7EyUr

That is so cool! I hope you have a blast. Maybe you can post some pics of the event later on.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is a PF Entry in the Red Bull?

A PF Entry in the Red Bull is a proposal that is submitted to the Red Bull company for consideration. It outlines a potential partnership or collaboration with the company, often in the form of a product or service that aligns with the company's brand and values.

2. Why do you think we need a PF Entry in the Red Bull?

I believe that a PF Entry in the Red Bull could be beneficial for our company because it would allow us to reach a larger audience and potentially increase our brand recognition and sales. Red Bull is a well-known and successful brand, and a partnership with them could provide valuable opportunities for growth.

3. How do you propose we create a successful PF Entry in the Red Bull?

Creating a successful PF Entry in the Red Bull requires thorough research and planning. We should first identify the specific goals we want to achieve through the partnership and then tailor our proposal to align with the company's brand and values. It's also important to highlight our unique strengths and how they could benefit Red Bull.

4. Is there a specific format or structure for a PF Entry in the Red Bull?

While there is no set format for a PF Entry in the Red Bull, it should be well-organized and clearly communicate our ideas and intentions. It's also important to include relevant data and evidence to support our proposal. We can refer to previous successful PF Entries or consult with experts for guidance on the structure.

5. How long does it typically take for a PF Entry in the Red Bull to be reviewed and approved?

The timeline for reviewing and approving a PF Entry in the Red Bull can vary. It depends on the volume of submissions and the complexity of the proposal. It's best to check with the company for their specific process and timeline, and to follow up if we haven't received a response within a reasonable time frame.

Back