1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I want an online physics BS help!

1. Nov 10, 2012 #1
    Hi,
    My name is Pete & I work full-time. So, at least until the point of a bachelors degree, I would like to take online courses as a physics major. So far I have not found a decent online physics provider. To reiterate...help!

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 10, 2012 #2

M83

I don't think there is such a thing. Physics and chemistry courses require lab work.

4. Nov 10, 2012 #3
    I figured that, unfortunately the closest college with a lab is 2+ hrs away, which is why I was hoping for the best on this saving grace.

5. Nov 10, 2012 #4

M83

Do you have any community colleges nearby? You could enroll in a science transfer degree.

6. Nov 10, 2012 #5
    What is a science transfer degree? The only community college nearby doesn't have a physics major. I think the only sciences they have are biology & chemistry.

7. Nov 10, 2012 #6

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

You can always try open university. They offer a physics degree.

I don't know in what way such a degree is viewed by employers or grad school.

8. Nov 10, 2012 #7
    I think getting an associates online might be better to buy myself some time to move closer to a college or university to finish the job. Thanks!

9. Nov 10, 2012 #8

M83

It's an AS degree (associates in science), but it's a degree program that allows you to transfer to a 4-year school afterwards. Does the community college offer physics courses? The one I'm attending doesn't have a physics major either, but it does offer physics courses.

10. Nov 10, 2012 #9
    I didn't look that far into it honestly so I'll definitely have to go visit them & see. I know they are connected to a university that is much further up-state. Hopefully that will be the ticket. Thank you!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook