Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

If Beethoven know when he created last

1. May 21, 2009 #1
    if Beethoven was know when he created last Musical he's going to make hem Deaf
    does he stop that work ?
    and stop created he's Musical we listen to it even now?
    1-if you know you in that case what are going to do ?
    2-if I am in that case what you think what have to do ?

2. jcsd
  3. May 21, 2009 #2
    I have no idea what you just wrote.

4. May 21, 2009 #3
    all what i try to say if you know you work or your study just push you to over max
    even in the money what you have to do

5. May 21, 2009 #4
    What??

6. May 21, 2009 #5
    You do realise that he didnt go deaf becuase he created music right?

7. May 21, 2009 #6
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beethovan

If I am correct that you are indicating a belief that the music was what took Beethoven's hearing then the above quote should answer that part of your question. And Beethoven continued performing even after he was deaf.

8. May 21, 2009 #7

drizzle

Gold Member

I think what he's trying to say is:
    if Beethoven knew he'll become deaf after he did his last musical work, will he still do it?

sounds like you're saying; if you know that you will die next week, will you let go everything you normally do?!!

9. May 21, 2009 #8
    If what you do is your life, surely you keep going, no matter what.

10. May 23, 2009 #9
    scientist live like the Beethoven live
    some adjectives how you live be came to

1-you should work to hard for to many year
    1-you don't have money supporting
    2-your job just give you base of normal live
    3-drop everything on your mined just for you job because you need more and
    more idea to have solution for problems in your search
    4-you didn't look to your self any more and you personal live
    5-not Involved the Social occasions.
    5-the people look at you to see sluggard person
    6-you health care keeping down

all that just for what !!!/????

11. May 23, 2009 #10
    Oh such words of wisdom *tear*.

12. May 23, 2009 #11

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I'm not sure how you got that, but if you're right it misses an important point. Beethoven continued to compose long after he went deaf. He wrote his 9th symphony (and the incomplete 10th) after he was deaf. Also Fidelio (his only opera) and Hammerklavier.

13. May 23, 2009 #12

drizzle

Gold Member

sure, I knew he didn’t stop after his deafness, but I don’t know if what I typed was right, cause he [markone2] didn’t confirm that I get it right as he thought of it, still I just tried to clear this as I understood it..

but in any case, it does not matter if he stopped or not, it’s about the fact that led him to conclude that Beethoven’s work is the cause of his deafness, which is not, I suppose.

14. May 23, 2009 #13
    I think he's asking if working away one's health and prospect of a normal life is worth achieving something great like composing timeless symphonies. like artists or scientists who became so obsessed with their work that they became incredibly reclusive, but in the end did great things.

did I win? :biggrin:

to which my answer would be: I think self fulfillment is more important than happiness, which is sort of an elusive concept anyway. If having a "normal," comfortable life is what makes you feel fulfilled as an individual, then that's the lifestyle you should pursue. But if you're the type of person who finds fulfillment in achieving important things, and you want to dedicate your life to writing the next great symphony, or epic poem, or scientific research, or whatever... then do that.
    If you need both, then there's always a middle ground, and there are many artists and scientists (the majority, actually) who aren't so obsessed with their work that they are unable to also lead regular lives.

Last edited: May 23, 2009
  15. May 23, 2009 #14
    I believe people of this mind tend to be most unhappy when they are unable to fulfill their "purpose". Trying to lead a normal life would not bring them happiness.

Anyway, chicks dig the tragic brooding genius. ;-)

16. May 23, 2009 #15
    I didn't mean fulfillment as in some cosmic purpose (well, in some cases it was so, like Newton, who did believe he was chosen by God), I meant fulfillment in the sense of feeling like, at the end of the day, you didn't waste your time.

Not being happy doesn't entail being miserable. In any case, I don't think it's possible to "be happy"-- not for more than an instant in which you gain something, and then it's gone. Happiness is not something you can "achieve", it's a transitory emotion-- pleasurable, but not much more. Chasing things that you believe will make you happy is how you end up being miserable; at least more so than the guy who isn't chasing any wild notion, but rather enjoying each moment by doing things that make him feel like a fulfilled individual-- whether it's composing symphonies, or simply raising a family, that's up to that individual.

life is very long.

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  17. May 24, 2009 #16

drizzle

Gold Member

hey, I must say

that is so correct and really nice words of you!

18. May 24, 2009 #17
    the point not the Beethoven live
    the world are not perfect
    the people look always to more popular of things with out thinking if that good or bad ........
    so i am sure he didn't look to that way because he known his work make hem feel better and
    make hem less of angry became his stricken live
    i am sure the last symphony not complete because his Musical instruments or his ear
    i am can say it affined of his feelings and his experience music his way ferrying How he was the perception of the world...
    the first post i think is mean really clear so if any read one it just one more can Understand the Meaning of my question but
    sorry about my language because have problem in translate and find correct world in right place
    thank you (moe darklight) for you replay

i am just not in that case
    i am ready finish my study so i am think about which way i have go on
    In my cases do not have any support or resources
    if any one ask why I say that ?
    because i am feeling i I have something
    so i need put my feet on correct way
    I do not want drop All I have just for look to easy way............
    the best answer came form people nice

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook