If Beethoven know when he created last

• Thread starter markone2
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

if Beethoven was know when he created last Musical he's going to make hem Deaf
does he stop that work ?
and stop created he's Musical we listen to it even now?
1-if you know you in that case what are going to do ?
2-if I am in that case what you think what have to do ?

Answers and Replies

I have no idea what you just wrote.

all what i try to say if you know you work or your study just push you to over max
even in the money what you have to do

What??

You do realise that he didnt go deaf becuase he created music right?

Around 1796, Beethoven began to lose his hearing.[12] He suffered a severe form of tinnitus, a "ringing" in his ears that made it hard for him to perceive and appreciate music; he also avoided conversation. The cause of Beethoven's deafness is unknown, but it has variously been attributed to syphilis, lead poisoning, typhus, and even his habit of immersing his head in cold water to stay awake. The oldest explanation, from the autopsy of the time, is that he had a "distended inner ear" which developed lesions over time.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beethovan

If I am correct that you are indicating a belief that the music was what took Beethoven's hearing then the above quote should answer that part of your question. And Beethoven continued performing even after he was deaf.

drizzle
Gold Member
if Beethoven was know when he created last Musical he's going to make hem Deaf
does he stop that work ?
and stop created he's Musical we listen to it even now?
1-if you know you in that case what are going to do ?
2-if I am in that case what you think what have to do ?

I think what he's trying to say is:
if Beethoven knew he'll become deaf after he did his last musical work, will he still do it?

sounds like you're saying; if you know that you will die next week, will you let go everything you normally do?!!

If what you do is your life, surely you keep going, no matter what.

scientist live like the Beethoven live
some adjectives how you live be came to

1-you should work to hard for to many year
1-you don't have money supporting
2-your job just give you base of normal live
3-drop everything on your mined just for you job because you need more and
more idea to have solution for problems in your search
4-you didn't look to your self any more and you personal live
5-not Involved the Social occasions.
5-the people look at you to see sluggard person
6-you health care keeping down

all that just for what !!!/????

Oh such words of wisdom *tear*.

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
2019 Award
I think what he's trying to say is:
if Beethoven knew he'll become deaf after he did his last musical work, will he still do it?
I'm not sure how you got that, but if you're right it misses an important point. Beethoven continued to compose long after he went deaf. He wrote his 9th symphony (and the incomplete 10th) after he was deaf. Also Fidelio (his only opera) and Hammerklavier.

drizzle
Gold Member
I'm not sure how you got that, but if you're right it misses an important point. Beethoven continued to compose long after he went deaf. He wrote his 9th symphony (and the incomplete 10th) after he was deaf. Also Fidelio (his only opera) and Hammerklavier.

sure, I knew he didn’t stop after his deafness, but I don’t know if what I typed was right, cause he [markone2] didn’t confirm that I get it right as he thought of it, still I just tried to clear this as I understood it..

but in any case, it does not matter if he stopped or not, it’s about the fact that led him to conclude that Beethoven’s work is the cause of his deafness, which is not, I suppose.

I think he's asking if working away one's health and prospect of a normal life is worth achieving something great like composing timeless symphonies. like artists or scientists who became so obsessed with their work that they became incredibly reclusive, but in the end did great things.

did I win? :biggrin:

to which my answer would be: I think self fulfillment is more important than happiness, which is sort of an elusive concept anyway. If having a "normal," comfortable life is what makes you feel fulfilled as an individual, then that's the lifestyle you should pursue. But if you're the type of person who finds fulfillment in achieving important things, and you want to dedicate your life to writing the next great symphony, or epic poem, or scientific research, or whatever... then do that.
If you need both, then there's always a middle ground, and there are many artists and scientists (the majority, actually) who aren't so obsessed with their work that they are unable to also lead regular lives.

Last edited:
to which my answer would be: I think self fulfillment is more important than happiness, which is sort of an elusive concept anyway. If having a "normal," comfortable life is what makes you feel fulfilled as an individual, then that's the lifestyle you should pursue. But if you're the type of person who finds fulfillment in achieving important things, and you want to dedicate your life to writing the next great symphony, or epic poem, or scientific research, or whatever... then do that.
I believe people of this mind tend to be most unhappy when they are unable to fulfill their "purpose". Trying to lead a normal life would not bring them happiness.

Anyway, chicks dig the tragic brooding genius. ;-)

I didn't mean fulfillment as in some cosmic purpose (well, in some cases it was so, like Newton, who did believe he was chosen by God), I meant fulfillment in the sense of feeling like, at the end of the day, you didn't waste your time.

Not being happy doesn't entail being miserable. In any case, I don't think it's possible to "be happy"-- not for more than an instant in which you gain something, and then it's gone. Happiness is not something you can "achieve", it's a transitory emotion-- pleasurable, but not much more. Chasing things that you believe will make you happy is how you end up being miserable; at least more so than the guy who isn't chasing any wild notion, but rather enjoying each moment by doing things that make him feel like a fulfilled individual-- whether it's composing symphonies, or simply raising a family, that's up to that individual.

Anyway, chicks dig the tragic brooding genius. ;-)
life is very long.

Last edited:
drizzle
Gold Member
If you need both, then there's always a middle ground, and there are many artists and scientists (the majority, actually) who aren't so obsessed with their work that they are unable to also lead regular lives.
hey, I must say

that is so correct and really nice words of you!

the point not the Beethoven live
the world are not perfect
the people look always to more popular of things with out thinking if that good or bad ........
so i am sure he didn't look to that way because he known his work make hem feel better and
make hem less of angry became his stricken live
i am sure the last symphony not complete because his Musical instruments or his ear
i am can say it affined of his feelings and his experience music his way ferrying How he was the perception of the world...
the first post i think is mean really clear so if any read one it just one more can Understand the Meaning of my question but
sorry about my language because have problem in translate and find correct world in right place
thank you (moe darklight) for you replay

i am just not in that case
i am ready finish my study so i am think about which way i have go on
In my cases do not have any support or resources
if any one ask why I say that ?
because i am feeling i I have something
so i need put my feet on correct way
I do not want drop All I have just for look to easy way............
the best answer came form people nice