If reincarnation is true and we've had an infinite number of past

• Thread starter SpaceGuy50
  • Start date
If reincarnation is true and we've had an infinite number of past lives, does that mean that we've lived as everyone else before, as our current lives before, and all possible lives before.

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

Take it this way : if two plus two give five, then I'm Santa Claus. You can logically infer infer whatever you want from a falsity. This is the only scientific answer your post can receive IMHO

Not that I believe in reincarnation, but I don't think this logically follows. Most believers in reincarnation do not accept a steady state model of the universe, so they would probably say that you've lived a finite number of past lives.

Danger
Gold Member

And if a bullfrog had wings, it wouldn't bump its *** so much. As Arunma pointed out, the belief in an infinite number of past lives would indicate that the universe has existed for ever. Since most organized religions include a creation scenario, they obviously don't believe that.
Humanino is correct that the question is rather ridiculous from a scientific standpoint.

Take it this way : if two plus two give five, then I'm Santa Claus. You can logically infer infer whatever you want from a falsity. This is the only scientific answer your post can receive IMHO
Your statement is false, 2+2=5 in characteristic 1. :biggrin: