Illegal Danced Horror - a story about the landscape

• Thread starter tom.stoer
  • Start date
In summary, physicists are divided over the existence of extra dimensions and the theory that Acesurfers can reorganize themselves into sphere-like structures called Unreel Elf. Another theory suggests that Acesurf is a holographic projection. Dusk Sins introduces a theory of phase transitions in bulk matter that could lead to the disintegration of Acesurf.
tom.stoer
Science Advisor
Physicists’ community at Acesurf is divided. The two-dimensional beings live (as we would call it) on the surface of a diamond – and have themselves created from the carbon matrix. They consist of graphene.

Some of them now claim that they had found the ToE – a spectacular theory full of beauty and richness, including the structure of the substrate they live on, and being able to explain their own properties.

The physicist community is shocked when another discovery about "extra dimensions" makes the round; apparently they can reorganize themselves into sphere-like structures (60-S² branes, 70-S² branes, 72-S²-branes and others) referred to as Unreel Elf, embedded into higher-dimensional space – and leave their matrix! In addition, the theory also describes a further speculative substance, in which the Acesurfers become disordered, stacked R²-branes. These ideas are rejected by other scientists as science fiction or unphysical speculation. Instead one should look after the investigation of the Acesurfer structure itself.

It finally comes to a break, as a brilliant physicist Dusk Sins – in addition to the existence of an extra dimension necessary for the mathematical description of Acesurf – postulates further possible "worlds" not resembling Acesurf at all. He describes so-called bulk theories, according to which the Acesurfer would live only on the surface of a very special bulk theory. These surfaces are mathematically not consistent, only via the introduction of one extra dimension the bulk and, ultimately, the surfaces can be accurately described. Acesurf itself is ultimately only a holographic projection!

In addition, Dusk Sins postulates the existence of millions of different bulk-universes, most of them differing significantly from Acesurf and being strange or even hostile environments. Dusk Sins also introduces a theory of so-called phase transitions, indicating that the bulk matter could completely convert into other forms, ultimately disintegrating the entire bulk and bring the familiar environment to disappear.

The totality of all possible bulk theories and the holographic projections thereon (Acesurf being one of them) is referred to as Aced Plan. Dusk Sins and his colleagues are able to develop some approximate solutions according to which certain areas in the Aced Plan may have similar properties as known by Acesurf – but Acesurf itself cannot (yet) be described accurately!

The physicist community is outraged as a gigantic effort is required to map out the entire Aced Plan. Although it soon becomes clear that the effort is indeed infinite and the map of the Aced Plan is mathematically ill-defined, the probability to identify the area in the Aced Plan corresponding exactly to Acesurf is “compatible with zero”. Why now just living on Acesurf, and why this just looks the way it looks, is “answered” by Dusk Sins with the so-called Acesurf principle, what most scientists judge as subterfuge, or at least a tautology. The “science” of Dusk Sins may not be science at all, but religion or even mysticism.

In the end the group of Dusk Sins turns to the so-called Aced Plan Roaming, a method that enables them to create targeted areas in the Aced Plan from the Acesurf matrix itself and thus to actively roam through the Aced Plan. During the preparations of the first operation it comes to havoc (what some conservative scholars have warned long ago). The specially developed machine IDH (Illegal Danced Horror) created when booting a singularity, which transforms Acesurf and all the inhabitants via an eternal blow-up phase transition into atomic carbon ...

Physics news on Phys.org
Aced Plan could instead be Laced Span? Like the span of a bridge made of lace. Could use an S, somehow, in any case.

Last edited:
marcus said:
Aced Plan could instead be Laced Span? Like the span of a bridge made of lace. Could use an S, somehow, in any case.

It was just an anagram generator and I picked some nice results. What else?

Even when you try, you don't get as silly as the Falceur. He is an entertaining waltz performer who if famous for doing the Horror Dance. But seriously, Aced Plan is missing a letter. It has only 8 letters and you are thinking of something with 9.

An 's' is the letter you are missing.

Kevin_Axion said:
An 's' is the letter you are missing.

sh... you are right; I overlooked that; stupid; so let's call it aced plans

tom.stoer said:
Acesurf principle
Hit-On-Crap Principle? Anti-Porch Principle? Port Chain Principle? ...Creator Linchpin Pip? Crappier Icon Plinth?

Anyway, nicely done. :smile: Not sure I get what you're getting at, though: that much, if not most, of the phenomena in fundamental physics have striking analogues in condensed matter? It's something I occasionally wonder about -- there doesn't seem to be any reason for such a correspondence a priori.

Sadly, landscape is so alien it lefts uss kinda lost.

Acesurf is just surface, nothing else

Who is Dusk Sins?

Please, don't make me explain my own post. To quote DaveCwhateverdigits:

DaveC426913 said:
"Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog. You understand it better, but the frog dies in the process." — E. B. White

:devil:

Borek said:
Sadly, landscape is so alien it lefts uss kinda lost.

LOL ! Someone's been doing too many cryptic crosswords...

tom.stoer said:
Acesurf is just surface, nothing else
To kill the frog, I was just trying to get 'anthropic principle' into your anagram mold...

No, anthropic is not there; Anthropos means 'human being', but they are not humans ...

Dusk Sins is Susskind.

1. What inspired you to write "Illegal Danced Horror - a story about the landscape"?

I was inspired by the current environmental crisis and the impact that humans have on the landscape. I wanted to explore the idea of nature fighting back against human destruction in a creative and thought-provoking way.

2. What scientific concepts are explored in the story?

The story touches on concepts such as climate change, deforestation, and the interconnectedness of all living things. It also delves into the consequences of human actions on the environment and the potential for nature to reclaim its power.

3. How does the landscape play a role in the story?

The landscape is a central character in the story, representing the natural world and its response to human interference. It is both a victim and a force to be reckoned with, reflecting the delicate balance between humans and the environment.

4. What message do you hope readers will take away from the story?

I hope readers will reflect on the impact of their actions on the environment and consider the importance of preserving and protecting the natural world. The story also highlights the resilience of nature and the potential for change and growth, even in the face of destruction.

5. What research did you conduct while writing the story?

I conducted research on various environmental issues and their effects on the landscape, as well as different forms of dance and their cultural significance. I also looked into the history of human interaction with nature and how it has evolved over time.