Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm skeptical of these online reviews

1. Apr 6, 2010 #1

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Because I went to this Volvo dealership and it was NOTHING like Irma E's description:

http://www.judysbook.com/members/104830/posts/2008/12/555911/

The sales guy was nice enough but he didn't do any magic tricks. And I don't remember a bartender. :confused:

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 6, 2010 #2

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Volvo was lately bought by Chinese Geely Automobiles, perhaps they already started to implement changes.

4. Apr 6, 2010 #3

Evo

5. Apr 6, 2010 #4
    That's where the RNC was in Hollywood, right? Oh no wait, that was 'Voyeur'. :rofl:

I didn't realize that people went to dealerships for "The Champagne Room" treatment!

6. Apr 6, 2010 #5

mgb_phys

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Especially not VOLVO - I'm picturing everyone being strapped into high chairs surrounded by foam mats on the floor and being forced to drink from baby's sippy-cups while wearing hard hats and safety glasses.

7. Apr 6, 2010 #6
    :rofl: You know, that probably is a perfect description of SOMEONE's fetish/kink.
    That, or they have to drink fromthe sippy cups et al... while watching constant feeds of NEW Disney movies (none of the clasics lol).

8. Apr 6, 2010 #7

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

All I can figure is that because I was shopping for pre-owned vehicles, I didn't get the special Volvo magic show treatment that the people looking at the new cars got. :(

9. Apr 6, 2010 #8

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Kinda sounds like Zapper Z's scene.

10. Apr 6, 2010 #9

Evo

Well, there you go, that was your mistake.

I always wear my Home Shopping Club cubic Zirconia bling and take in the free drinks and magic show before heading to the used car lot. :tongue:

11. Apr 6, 2010 #10

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

:cool:

I should have talked to you first. Although, I'm just a little worried I might get too liquored up and buy a Volvo.

12. Apr 6, 2010 #11

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's how they sell the undercoating.

13. Apr 6, 2010 #12
    The sound effect in my head was... I wonder what s/he mea- WhaaaaaT!?! Oooooooh!

EDIT: Is it just me, or are we plotting to fleece a Volvo dealership of its liquor? :rofl: I could go to a different thread and these same people are talking about inner products and pions etc... Mein head ist SPLITTING! :tongue:

@lisab: I think that's also a terrible pick-up line from a stumbling drunk at closing time. :wink: "Hey baby, undercoatingsds mumble mumble *GROPE*" "*SLAP*" :approve:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook