I'm skeptical of these online reviews

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

Because I went to this Volvo dealership and it was NOTHING like Irma E's description:

http://www.judysbook.com/members/104830/posts/2008/12/555911/

“Who knew”
by irma e., Friday, December 19, 2008
This review is for: Volvo of Santa Monica
I've never heard of it and I thought why not go! Well...first I started with some drinks...the bartender there was amazing and he was a magician himself! Ladies...easy on the eyes...and gents...if you take a lady friend watch out, cause he might snatch her away...he gave me a rose made out of a napkin! Yes...he did!!! Anyway...three drinks later....the show must go on!!!! The magic show was great! It was funny and the audience participation is amazing! Kids love it and well I consider myself a big kid so I definitely will go back! I didn't give it 5 stars because one or two of the tricks I saw the secret!!! BUT don't worry...I won't spoil it!!! I recommend this place! Its AWESOME!
The sales guy was nice enough but he didn't do any magic tricks. And I don't remember a bartender. :confused:

Answers and Replies

Borek
Mentor
Volvo was lately bought by Chinese Geely Automobiles, perhaps they already started to implement changes.

Evo
Mentor
Because I went to this Volvo dealership and it was NOTHING like Irma E's description:

http://www.judysbook.com/members/10... in the "preferred customer" lounge?:biggrin:

Are you sure you went to the right part of the dealership? Maybe she was in the "preferred customer" lounge?:biggrin:
That's where the RNC was in Hollywood, right? Oh no wait, that was 'Voyeur'. :rofl:

I didn't realize that people went to dealerships for "The Champagne Room" treatment!

mgb_phys
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I didn't realize that people went to dealerships for "The Champagne Room" treatment!
Especially not VOLVO - I'm picturing everyone being strapped into high chairs surrounded by foam mats on the floor and being forced to drink from baby's sippy-cups while wearing hard hats and safety glasses.

Especially not VOLVO - I'm picturing everyone being strapped into high chairs surrounded by foam mats on the floor and being forced to drink from baby's sippy-cups while wearing hard hats and safety glasses.
:rofl: You know, that probably is a perfect description of SOMEONE's fetish/kink.
That, or they have to drink fromthe sippy cups et al... while watching constant feeds of NEW Disney movies (none of the clasics lol).

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Are you sure you went to the right part of the dealership? Maybe she was in the "preferred customer" lounge?:biggrin:
All I can figure is that because I was shopping for pre-owned vehicles, I didn't get the special Volvo magic show treatment that the people looking at the new cars got. :(

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
:rofl: You know, that probably is a perfect description of SOMEONE's fetish/kink.
That, or they have to drink fromthe sippy cups et al... while watching constant feeds of NEW Disney movies (none of the clasics lol).
Kinda sounds like Zapper Z's scene.

Evo
Mentor
All I can figure is that because I was shopping for pre-owned vehicles, I didn't get the special Volvo magic show treatment that the people looking at the new cars got. :(
Well, there you go, that was your mistake.

I always wear my Home Shopping Club cubic Zirconia bling and take in the free drinks and magic show before heading to the used car lot. :tongue:

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Well, there you go, that was your mistake.

I always wear my Home Shopping Club cubic Zirconia bling and take in the free drinks and magic show before heading to the used car lot. :tongue:
:cool:

I should have talked to you first. Although, I'm just a little worried I might get too liquored up and buy a Volvo.

lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
:cool:

I should have talked to you first. Although, I'm just a little worried I might get too liquored up and buy a Volvo.
That's how they sell the undercoating.

Kinda sounds like Zapper Z's scene.
The sound effect in my head was... I wonder what s/he mea- WhaaaaaT!?! Oooooooh!

EDIT: Is it just me, or are we plotting to fleece a Volvo dealership of its liquor? :rofl: I could go to a different thread and these same people are talking about inner products and pions etc... Mein head ist SPLITTING! :tongue:

@lisab: I think that's also a terrible pick-up line from a stumbling drunk at closing time. :wink: "Hey baby, undercoatingsds mumble mumble *GROPE*" "*SLAP*" :approve: