1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm stuck between two careers what do i do?

1. Apr 1, 2010 #1
    Like i said above in the title, i can't choose from two careers, which are almost opposite from each other, quantum physics, and zoology. In my early years i enjoyed zoology and animals, but as i got older i shifted into quantum physics, i enjoy both very much, i'm not concerned about money. I love nature and animals and want to see the world and love the earth and what it has for us i don't want to miss any of it. But i love to learn physics its so interesting to me, and i know that it is becoming an increasingly important topic, and i could possibly discover great things. I can't choose! What do I do?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 1, 2010 #2

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Quantum physics isn't a career, at what stage of your education are you at right now?

4. Apr 1, 2010 #3
    I mean the general subject, how about theoretical physicist.

5. Apr 1, 2010 #4

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It sounds like you're still in grade school. Don't worry about careers yet. Just learn as much as you can about whatever interests you.

- Warren

6. Apr 1, 2010 #5
    So should i learn about both subjects isnt that kinda overload of information, and what about when i get to college, i cant have two majors, well you can, but what will that do i can;t have two careers. \
    And just as a side note, are you like the only person on this whole forum, not to be mean, cause your answering all of my posts, but thank you for contributing.

7. Apr 1, 2010 #6

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

It's too early for you to be worried about careers.

There are tens of thousands of people on this site. You just asked 10 questions in 10 minutes, and I happen to be on the site at the moment.

- Warren

8. Apr 1, 2010 #7

Pengwuino

Gold Member

As Chroot said, you sound way way too young to be worrying about this. Most people don't have realistic ideas about their career paths until their first couple years of college. Also knowing what career you want to be in at this point is meaningless since you're not going to be having to choose between different classes anytime soon im sure.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook