Image of Galaxy M83 by Dave: July 2016

  • Topic: Stargazing 
  • Thread starter Thread starter davenn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Galaxy Image
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
9,747
Reaction score
11,967
hi guys

I haven't posted any images for a very long time, health/eyesight has been pretty bad and stopping me from getting out with telescope and camera.
This image below of spiral galaxy, M83 ( also known as the Southern Pinwheel Galaxy)

July 2016 I did a set of 8 x 30 sec images with my Canon 6D, f5.6, ISO3200, Canon 400mm telephoto lens and stacked them in Deep Sky Stacker and then processed in Lightroom. The image has about a 65% crop to bring the galaxy up to a reasonable viewable size

M83 8 images stackedaa.jpg


this below is the full frame before cropping ...

M83 8 images stacked-2.jpg
cheers
Dave
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, Drakkith, berkeman and 4 others
Astronomy news on Phys.org
very cool. Thanks for posting.

davenn said:
health/eyesight has been pretty bad
really sorry to hear it
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn
davenn said:
I haven't posted any images for a very long time, health/eyesight has been pretty bad and stopping me from getting out with telescope and camera.

Psh, I had a hangnail the last time I went out with my scope... man up! :-p
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn
Drakkith said:
Psh, I had a hangnail the last time I went out with my scope... man up! :-p

hahaha
 
Beautiful!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn