Increase torque and speed simultaneously.

In summary, the inventor has two inventions. The first invention is a device that increases torque and speed simultaneously in a gear train. The second invention is a design for a wheel that will increase the speed of a vehicle. Neither of these inventions are feasible, as the devices violate conservation of energy.
Shukhrat
Hi everyone!

I have an invention that I filed for a patent through PCT (WIPO) and about to enter national phase. The main idea of the invention is to "Simultaneously increase torque and speed in a gear train.

As far as I know, torque and speed are inversely proportional to one another (in a gear train). However, my invention bypasses the conventional way of acceleration or decsalaration, let's say, in auto transmission, and increases torque and speed simultaneously.

Since slow speed is neseccary for smooth start of a vehicle, what do you think my invention can be applied for? I mean gaining both speed and torque in a transmission.

Would appreciate your comments and ideas.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Have you built a functional prototype of this device? It sound like it should violate conservation of energy. And fyi, we don't discuss perpetual motion machines here, just real science, so if we determine that that's what this is about, we'll lock/delete the thread.

If you increase both torque and speed, it means that your output power is greater than your input power. So you need a power source within your transmission to accomplish that.

What exactly do you mean with speed? Some linear speed, or angular velocity?

Shukhrat said:
I mean gaining both speed and torque in a transmission.
That's exactly the point of a transmission in the first place, but they absolutely cannot be done at the same time. That's why shifters were invented.

mfb said:
What exactly do you mean with speed? Some linear speed, or angular velocity?

Gaining linear speed and angular velocity at the same time.

Danger said:
That's exactly the point of a transmission in the first place, but they absolutely cannot be done at the same time. That's why shifters were invented.

I agree, it can NOT be donen in a conventional gear train using different gear ratios. Mine is different, not using conventional method.

Shukhrat said:
Mine is different, not using conventional method.
Unless you're going to share your blueprints and experimental data, I can't believe that you've done it.

russ_watters said:
Have you built a functional prototype of this device? It sound like it should violate conservation of energy. And fyi, we don't discuss perpetual motion machines here, just real science, so if we determine that that's what this is about, we'll lock/delete the thread.

I did, by the end of this week I'm expecting International search report and experts opinion from searching agency. Of course I admit there is loss of energy through friction and bearings, I don't want to discuss PM either. But I curious as to what purposes it can be abblied for.

Danger said:
Unless you're going to share your blueprints and experimental data, I can't believe that you've done it.

I do want to share blueprints to validate it in the scientific community, but where to apply?! Maybe some research institutes. What would you advise?

I meant to share them here, so we have some idea of what the hell you're talking about. As it is, you make no sense.

Maybe I will, but not now, since I want have it tested by an official testing group wherever it is from and then post in it here. As for now, I can post here experts opinion from European patent office.

Then please do so.

If you design the wheel diameters to increase the speed, you reduce the torque. The device does not work as claimed, and we do not discuss perpetual motion here because it does not exist.

1. How can torque and speed be increased simultaneously?

There are several ways to increase torque and speed simultaneously, such as using a gearbox or adding more power to the motor. Additionally, optimizing the design and reducing friction can also help achieve this goal.

2. Is it possible to increase torque without sacrificing speed?

Yes, it is possible to increase torque without sacrificing speed by using a motor with a higher torque rating or by implementing a torque multiplier, such as a gearbox or a pulley system.

3. What is the relationship between torque and speed?

Torque and speed have an inverse relationship, meaning that an increase in one will result in a decrease in the other. This is known as the torque-speed curve, and it varies depending on the specific motor or machine being used.

4. Can increasing torque and speed simultaneously lead to overheating?

Yes, increasing both torque and speed at the same time can lead to overheating, as it puts more strain on the motor and can exceed its power rating. It is important to carefully balance and optimize these factors to avoid overheating.

5. Are there any trade-offs when trying to increase torque and speed simultaneously?

Yes, there are trade-offs when trying to increase torque and speed simultaneously. Some common trade-offs include decreased efficiency, increased power consumption, and potential wear and tear on the motor. It is important to carefully consider these factors and find a balance that works for the specific application.