Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Increased Road Safety with self-assisted seatbelts and mobile phone holder

1. Jun 20, 2010 #1

DPD

Hi everybody, I have developed a unique concept seatbelt system and automobile cellphone holder system, which when installed in a vehicle will never let drivers to drive the vehicle and talk on cellphones without handsfree and the innovative seatbelt concept with which a driver will be unable to drive a vehicle without wearing it and for which no intervention is required to insist the drivers for wearing seatbelt or handsfree.

I want to get it used commercially, can anybod help me with this?

thanks in advance

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 20, 2010 #2

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Welcome to PF!

Hi DPD! Welcome to PF! :smile:
    Apply for a patent first,

and don't tell anyone how it works until you've done so

4. Jun 20, 2010 #3

DPD

Re: Welcome to PF!

see the next post

5. Jun 20, 2010 #4

DPD

Thanks for your suggestion

How can I do that in India?

It seems I need to contact some research professor who will accept to be my guide,then only I can apply for a patent...Is it true? I dont know the procedure

Can I do it myself individually?
    Please help, thank you

6. Jun 20, 2010 #5

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Indian patent law is probably the same as UK patent law, and anybody can apply for a patent themselves (though it might be easier to use a patent agent, if you can afford it).

However, it might be better to apply for a patent in the US, Japan, or any other country that produces a lot of vehicles … a patent agent could advise you on that (I assume … though I could be wrong … that Indian patents only cover India).

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patent" [Broken] for the general law of patents.

See http://www.patentoffice.nic.in/" [Broken] for all the Indian rules and for a list of patent agents. :smile:

and see the internet generally for stories of what can go wrong if you don't do it properly :redface:

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  7. Jun 20, 2010 #6

DPD

Thank ou so much

Thank you so much for your helpful suggestions and tips, I will need it in future also, hope you dont mind

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  8. Jun 21, 2010 #7

DPD

Any other opinion for me?

thank you

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook