Information and facts about Cepheid variable stars for a report

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Maxwells Demon
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Maxwells Demon
Hello, I'm going to make a paper concerning Cepheid variable stars. I need some theory and information about these to put in the report.

It could be some history or exiting facts.. Anything..

Thanks :)
 
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Try "cepheid stars" on google. You'll get more information than you can handle.
 
"You'll get more information than you can handle."

That's precisely why I'm asking here instead :P
 
You might want to try Wikipedia. It is highly reliable, and the chances of someone vandalizing Cephelid Binaries is very low.

I'll contribute a bit...

The stars orbit a common center of gravity and the system always contains more than one star. The center of gravity doesn't have to be another star, but a place where their gravity neutralizes each other.
 
Maxwells Demon said:
Hello, I'm going to make a paper concerning Cepheid variable stars. I need some theory and information about these to put in the report.

It could be some history or exiting facts.. Anything..

Thanks :)
Try these:

http://www.peripatus.gen.nz/Astronomy/CepVar.html
http://sims.berkeley.edu/~jhall/ho/
http://www.fofweb.com/Subscription/Science/Helicon.asp?SID=2&iPin=ffdastron2630
http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/2004-02/1076556627.As.r.html
http://articles.adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-iarticle_query?1991AJ...101.1795M&data_type=PDF_HIGH&type=PRINTER&filetype=.pdf
 
Last edited by a moderator: