Inspiration for engineering from experiences

• Engineering
  • Thread starter aeromat
  • Start date
Hello. I am a grade 12 student and I am hoping to pursue post-secondary studies in biomedical engineering. However, I need to construct an essay stating "what inspired you to become an engineer", and I am having trouble thinking of some experiences that influenced an engineering mind-set.

Would someone mind posting reasons as to why someone would want to become an engineer, and what interests would they have that would lead them into engineering?

Answers and Replies

berkeman
Mentor
Hello. I am a grade 12 student and I am hoping to pursue post-secondary studies in biomedical engineering. However, I need to construct an essay stating "what inspired you to become an engineer", and I am having trouble thinking of some experiences that influenced an engineering mind-set.

Would someone mind posting reasons as to why someone would want to become an engineer, and what interests would they have that would lead them into engineering?

But how can we help you understand why you are inclined to chose this path? Grasshopper...

symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member

Either you have those inspiring experiences or you do not have them. You should examine all of your life experiences and try to identify those which were logical or technical or materials arrangments, rearrangments, assemblies, constructions. Obviously this is a very unspecific description. You must look into your own life to find specific examples.