Interested in publishing my work: where?

In summary, the conversation discussed a final masters degree thesis program that calculates 10 useful tools for studying chaotic dynamics. The program uses the logistic map as a dynamical system and has been written in C++. The question was asked about potential journals or magazines interested in publishing the program, with the suggestion of American Journal of Physics and European Journal of Physics. It was also suggested to speak to the project advisor about it.
jocasa
Hi!

As a final masters degree thesis in chaos I have made a program which calculates 10 useful tools for the study of chaotic dynamics. It uses as dynamical system the iteration of the logistic map, and the tools implemented are: trajectories, temporal delay, bifurcation diagram, lyapunov exponents, invariant densities, Harter curves, invariant density, power spectrum, autocorrelation and time profiles. The program has been written in C++ and uses OpenGL and wxWidgets libraries. It can be useful for teachers to teach non-linear dynamics in the university.

My question is: can anybody suggest a journal or magazine that can be interested in publishing my program?

That's all, thanks!

Jose

Physics news on Phys.org
The American Journal of Physics and European Journal of Physics publish material related to pedagogy.

Have you spoken to your project advisor about it?

What are the top journals to consider for publishing my work?

Some top journals to consider for publishing your work are Nature, Science, Cell, and The New England Journal of Medicine. These journals are highly respected and have a rigorous peer-review process.

How do I determine which journal is the best fit for my research?

To determine which journal is the best fit for your research, consider the scope and focus of the journal, the impact factor, and the target audience. You can also look at the types of articles they typically publish and see if your research aligns with their content.

What is the process for submitting my work to a journal?

The process for submitting your work to a journal typically involves preparing a manuscript according to the journal's guidelines, submitting it through their online submission system, and waiting for the peer-review process to be completed. If your work is accepted, you will then go through a final round of revisions before it is published.

How long does it take for a paper to be published in a journal?

The time it takes for a paper to be published in a journal varies depending on the journal's review process and the length of revisions. On average, it can take anywhere from 3-12 months for a paper to be published.

What can I do if my paper gets rejected from a journal?

If your paper gets rejected from a journal, you can consider revising and submitting it to another journal. You can also reach out to the editor for feedback on why your paper was rejected and use that feedback to improve your work for future submissions.