Is 2tan2b the Simplified Form of tan(45° + b) - tan(45° - b)?

  • Thread starter Thread starter philipp2020
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
philipp2020
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
hi

i have a question on a simplification

tan (45° + b) - tan (45° -b)

Then I put on both sides the Theorems for Addition. But I am not sure if my result is right. What is most possible simplification here?

is it 1 + 4 tan b / 1 - tan^2 b ?

Thanks very much for an answer.

Greetings

Philipp
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Double check the tangent sum and difference identities. Your denominator is good, but I can't figure out what mistake you could have made to get the numerator that you did.

If you get the numerator correct, there's another identity that allows you to simplify the fraction.
 
ah so the numerator is only 4 tan b and not plus 1 yes...

oh ok... i see

then at the end it will be just 2 * tan 2b