Is Genius an Accurate Portrayal of Einstein's Life and Relationships?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 3K views
Auto-Didact
Messages
747
Reaction score
554
I just finished watching this biographical drama on Einstein's life. I found it quite good. Has anyone else here seen it?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I watched some and while I liked it preferred the ones that aired on NOVA. There was less drama involved.

The one thing I remember about Einstein’s story was that after he published he had to wait quite some time like a couple of years before people started to notice what he had theorized.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Auto-Didact
Haven't seen the other one. I really liked the historical context this one offered, I'm a big fan of WW2 era history. I learned some very interesting facts, which I never knew before.

For instance, that David Bohm worked directly with Einstein, with Einstein even converting to Bohmian Mechanics! Did that really happen? (@Demystifier?)

Nor did I know that J. Edgar Hoover tried to ruin Einstein et al., leading to Bohm being forced to leave the US for having been a communist.