Is Marine Biology the Best Path for Understanding Our Impact on Ocean Life?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
MFrymus
Messages
11
Reaction score
1
I'm interested in studying the Earth.
Its our human impact that is effecting the species, and ourselves. The way things are heading, its more extinction of animal species and ourselves.

My goal is, whichever job it may be; I want my career (Masters degree) to focus on researching & protecting the Earth and the environment. With my the focus towards the Oceans -- The living species within the oceans/water.

I've been thinking about studying Marine Biology. As that is the closest program I've come across that teaches on the things I'm interested. Thought about Earth Sciences, but its too broad, and doesn't really focus on the Marine/Ocean life as much as I would like.


What about Environmental Science?

Is this something that I might be interested in?
It includes, biology, chemistry, and geology.
It seems like it may be of interest, but HOW would I be able to focus my studies on the Marine life?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah... I meant to delete this question actually. I didn't realize that in Maine biology that yout study the same stuff as environmental sciences, but focused on the marine life.

So, yeah. It looks like Maine bio is best.

Thanks
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Greg Bernhardt