Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Matlab Is MATLAB better for numerical simulation

1. Jan 16, 2017 #1
    From cosmology, the tensor to scalar ratio is ##r=16\epsilon## where ##\epsilon=-\frac{\dot H}{H^2}## is the Hubble slow roll parameter. From warm inflation,
    $$\ddot \phi + (3H+\Gamma)\dot \phi + V_\phi = 0 ,\quad H^2 = \frac{1}{3M_p^2} (\frac{1}{2} \dot \phi^2 + V)$$
    where ##H## is the Hubble parameter, ##\Gamma## is the dissipation term, ##V## is the potential ,and ##V_\phi## is the derivative of the potential.
    Example: ##V = \frac{1}{2}m^2\phi^2## where we can set ##m=1##

$$\ddot \phi + (3H+\Gamma)\dot \phi + \phi = 0 ,\quad H^2 = \frac{1}{6M_p^2} (\dot \phi^2 + \phi^2)$$

I want to run a simulation where in I want to run ##\Gamma## for different points and get different values for ##r##, but they are related indirectly, so I need to solve ##H## in order to get ##\epsilon## therefore ##r##. So, I need to find ##H## with respect to different ##\Gamma## so that I can find ##r##. But the problem is, they are written in a complex differential equations. Is Mathlab capable of solving this kind of problem and is it capable of printing (not plotting) different points of ##r## for different ##\Gamma##?

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 17, 2017 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted