Is Resurgence Theory and QFT the Next Quantum Mechanics Breakthrough?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter diegzumillo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Qft Theory
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
diegzumillo
Messages
180
Reaction score
20
Hey there

I'm starting to work on my thesis and this is one possible subject. I'm reading a few papers (pretty much anything that appears on the first google search page) dealing with it from several different angles. From a completely general and mathematical stand to specific examples, like the Borel resummation ambiguity in the double well and how instantons relate to that.

But I haven't found anything on this forum about it. In fact, besides a few papers here and there I haven't found much at all. So I thought I'd ask here if anyone worked with this or is working right now, and has some advice to give.

BTW, I didn't know where to put this topic, here or in Quantum Mechanics.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
diegzumillo said:
Hey there

I'm starting to work on my thesis and this is one possible subject. I'm reading a few papers (pretty much anything that appears on the first google search page) dealing with it from several different angles. From a completely general and mathematical stand to specific examples, like the Borel resummation ambiguity in the double well and how instantons relate to that.

But I haven't found anything on this forum about it. In fact, besides a few papers here and there I haven't found much at all. So I thought I'd ask here if anyone worked with this or is working right now, and has some advice to give.

BTW, I didn't know where to put this topic, here or in Quantum Mechanics.
Resurgence is a very interesting topic and although I am not working on it directly, it seems to me that it has been generating quite interest recently. It seems to me to be a very worthwhile topic to learn about. You are talking about a Master thesis? Of course, an important factor for you to consider is whether you have someone at your institution who can guide you in your work. You have discussed this with your adviser?
 
PhD thesis. I did talk to an adviser. It's not his primary field but he seems interested.