Is Sir Richard Branson About to Take Over the Universe?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Aliens
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
8 replies · 2K views
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Messages
8,252
Reaction score
2,666
Sir Richard Branson will sign an agreement this week to lease the world's first private space port near Roswell, New Mexico, where a UFO is alleged to have crashed in the 1940s.

The move is part of Virgin Galactic's plans to start commercial space flights by 2008. [continued]
http://news.independent.co.uk/business/news/article332266.ece

Funny...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Meh.. They will make profit on this, just not that great..
 
"the two-and-a-half-hour, $200,000 flight."
 
zoobyshoe said:
"the two-and-a-half-hour, $200,000 flight."

Russians do it for 20 grand :biggrin:

and a few days I think
 
I saw 'virgin' and thought something else...
 
I always thought that Victoria Principle was a bit spacey.
 
cronxeh said:
Russians do it for 20 grand :biggrin:
and a few days I think

Multiply that by 1000 and you're there. They charge 20 million.
 
moose said:
Multiply that by 1000 and you're there. They charge 20 million.


Ohh yeah now that you mention it.. :rolleyes:

Hmm it, uh, musta been.. confused.. with.. roubles.. at one point..

hey don't look at me I'm just as confused! :devil:
 
cronxeh said:
Ohh yeah now that you mention it.. :rolleyes:
Hmm it, uh, musta been.. confused.. with.. roubles.. at one point..
hey don't look at me I'm just as confused! :devil:
ha! I wish I could get into space for 20,000 roubles:smile:

Then again the Russian trip does include a brief stay at the ISS which lasts for days instead of a couple of minutes...