Skeptical of perpetual motion and free energy claims

  • Thread starter Thread starter loquin
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 537 views
loquin
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hello everyone. My name is Lou. It's been 32 days since ... Oops... wrong forum!

I'm a Systems Analyst/Programmer by trade (was a Control Engineer prior to Y2K,) and a science junkie at heart.

I live in Arizona (and yes - asphalt can have a liquid state here in the summer.) I can also attest that 'Dry Heat' is an over-rated advantage to living here. When it's 120 degrees, it 'only feels like 119. Oh Boy!

I tend to be fairly skeptical to claims that just seem a little 'too good' to be true. Perpetual motion, free energy, that sort of thing. I did like the Simpson's episode where Lisa invented a perpetual motion machine though. Especially Homer's response: "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics..."
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome loquin, love your sense of humor!
 
Hello loquin,
I'm so disappointed that you won't be open-minded to my PM ideas, but welcome to PF:D