Is the photo competition being abandoned?

In summary, the conversation discusses the transitioning process of a website and the issue of low vote counts despite high view counts. The participants also mention upcoming changes that will potentially improve the photo contests. The question of how visits are counted is also brought up.
epenguin
Homework Helper
Gold Member
or made less than weekly?

Physics news on Phys.org
No, we are just in the process of transitioning it over. Please bear with us. We're not as good at this as Zz was.

Good to hear!:approve: See my sig. I hope something can somehow induce more visits to it.

Well I have often wondered how it gets hundreds of views but only a handful of votes. But I don't know how visits are registered - if you visit it several times to admire your own pic does that register as several views?

Some changes are coming (I hear) that will be good news for the photo contests. Not sure how the visits are counted.

Based on the information provided, it is not clear if the photo competition is being abandoned or simply being held less frequently than weekly. In order to accurately determine the status of the competition, more information is needed such as the reason for the change in frequency and if there are any plans to resume weekly competitions in the future. As a scientist, it is important to gather all relevant data and evidence before making any conclusions or assumptions.

1. What is the reason for potentially abandoning the photo competition?

The reason for potentially abandoning the photo competition could vary, but some common reasons may include lack of interest or participation, budget constraints, or unforeseen circumstances.

2. Will the photo competition still be judged and winners announced if it is abandoned?

It is unlikely that the photo competition will still be judged and winners announced if it is abandoned. However, this may depend on the specific circumstances and decisions made by the organizers.

3. Can I still submit my photos if the competition is being abandoned?

If the photo competition is being abandoned, it is unlikely that submissions will still be accepted. However, you may want to check with the organizers for any updates or alternative options.

4. Will I receive a refund for my entry fee if the photo competition is abandoned?

If you have already paid an entry fee for the photo competition, it is possible that you may receive a refund if it is abandoned. This will depend on the policies and decisions of the organizers.

5. Is there a chance that the photo competition will be rescheduled instead of being abandoned?

There is always a possibility that the photo competition may be rescheduled instead of being abandoned. This decision will ultimately depend on the organizers and any potential changes in circumstances.