A Is the Randall-Sundrum model background independent?

Summary
Is Randall-Sundrum model background independent?
Randall-Sundrum model (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randall–Sundrum_model) is related to string theory.

String theory can be background independent (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Background_independence):

"String theory is usually formulated with perturbation theory around a fixed background. While it is possible that the theory defined this way is locally background-invariant, if so, it is not manifest, and it is not clear what the exact meaning is. One attempt to formulate string theory in a manifestly background-independent fashion is string field theory, but little progress has been made in understanding it.
Another approach is the conjectured, but yet unproven AdS/CFT duality
"

Since some "types" of Randall-Sundrum models have been useful to understand AdS/CFT, can they be background independent as well?

Also, are there any "types" of Randall-Sundrum models that are completely independent from string theory? That could possibly be right even if string theory is wrong?

And finally, can we build Randall-Sundrum models that can represent any type of theory/mathematical structure (similar to what happens with holographic principle)?

Demystifier

Science Advisor
Insights Author
2018 Award
RS models are inspired by string theory but are logically independent on it. As models they are background dependent, even if the underlying more fundamental theory (string theory or whatever) is background independent.

haushofer

Science Advisor
Insights Author
How would one formulate a background independent formulation of string theory via AdS/CFT? I mean, it already contains the word "AdS": It's formulated on a certain background.

RS models are inspired by string theory but are logically independent on it. As models they are background dependent, even if the underlying more fundamental theory (string theory or whatever) is background independent.
Thank you for your answer

And in that case, could we have Randall-Sundrum models completely based on string theory? 8I suspect the case is yes, but I would need confirmation)

Also, can we build Randall-Sundrum models that can represent any type of theory/mathematical structure?

Demystifier

Science Advisor
Insights Author
2018 Award
And in that case, could we have Randall-Sundrum models completely based on string theory?
What do you mean by "completely"?

Also, can we build Randall-Sundrum models that can represent any type of theory/mathematical structure?
What do you mean by "any"?

What do you mean by "completely"?

What do you mean by "any"?
1. I heard that there are various Randall-Sundrum models. I was wondering if we could build a model like this but solely based on string theory. A Randall-Sundrum model fundamentally based in strings and string theory?

2. Are you familiar with Tegmark's Mathematical Universe Hypothesis? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathematical_universe_hypothesis). It proposes that every single mathematical structure and model in physics exists physically

I was wondering whether we could build Randall-Sundrum models that could represent any theory and model in mathematics and physics (a model based on string theory, another in inflation, another standard cosmology, another containing "n" dimensions...etc)