Is There a Mathematical Model for Growth in a Free Market Economy?

  • Thread starter Thread starter LayMuon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Growth Model
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 6K views
LayMuon
Messages
149
Reaction score
1
Hi guys, I am not economist, but can anybody tell me whether there is a mathematical model for growth in free market economy without state intervention? Where can I look them up? Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
This is kind of temptative, i.e., somewhat-speculative, so you should ignore if someone comes up with something more substantial, but, from what I know, the Austrian school of Economics may give you a lead.
 
Solow-Swan model. Although it doesn't really refer to free markets, the mechanisms which make long-term growth happen are savings, capital accumulation and technological progress, which can happen with no direct government intervention. Of course there has to be a government enforcing the law, trust policies and to facilitate new investment, etc..
 
LayMuon:
What exactly do you want to model? (Because Tosh suggested a reasonable, simple answer, which for example ignores short term swings)