Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is there video recordings of "Feynman Lectures on physics"?

1. Dec 26, 2014 #1
    I have the books and audios. But I have yet to find the videos. I am wondering whether they exist.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 27, 2014 #2
    Feynman's 1961-64 undergraduate lectures, which became the basis of FLP, were tape-recorded and photographed only - they were never filmed or videotaped . However, in 1964 Feynman delivered a series of lectures at Cornell, his seven "Messenger Lectures," drawing largely from material he presented in his 1961-62 freshmen lectures, so they are similar to some of those, and these were filmed by the BBC. You can now watch them free online, courtesy of Bill Gates: research.microsoft.com/apps/tools/tuva/.

Mike Gottlieb
    Editor, The Feynman Lectures on Physics New Millennium Edition
    www.feynmanlectures.caltech.edu

4. Dec 27, 2014 #3
    Thank you for the information. I have actually watched those lectures and almost all Feynman videos that I can find on the internet. I thought It would be wonderful if somehow I could collect those lectures in video format and see the man in action. Too bad, it was not videotaped.

5. Dec 27, 2014 #4

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook