Is there video recordings of "Feynman Lectures on physics"?

Main Question or Discussion Point

I have the books and audios. But I have yet to find the videos. I am wondering whether they exist.

Answers and Replies

I have the books and audios. But I have yet to find the videos. I am wondering whether they exist.
Feynman's 1961-64 undergraduate lectures, which became the basis of FLP, were tape-recorded and photographed only - they were never filmed or videotaped . However, in 1964 Feynman delivered a series of lectures at Cornell, his seven "Messenger Lectures," drawing largely from material he presented in his 1961-62 freshmen lectures, so they are similar to some of those, and these were filmed by the BBC. You can now watch them free online, courtesy of Bill Gates: research.microsoft.com/apps/tools/tuva/.

Mike Gottlieb
Editor, The Feynman Lectures on Physics New Millennium Edition
www.feynmanlectures.caltech.edu

Feynman's 1961-64 undergraduate lectures, which became the basis of FLP, were tape-recorded and photographed only - they were never filmed or videotaped . However, in 1964 Feynman delivered a series of lectures at Cornell, his seven "Messenger Lectures," drawing largely from material he presented in his 1961-62 freshmen lectures, so they are similar to some of those, and these were filmed by the BBC. You can now watch them free online, courtesy of Bill Gates: research.microsoft.com/apps/tools/tuva/.

Mike Gottlieb
Editor, The Feynman Lectures on Physics New Millennium Edition
www.feynmanlectures.caltech.edu
Thank you for the information. I have actually watched those lectures and almost all Feynman videos that I can find on the internet. I thought It would be wonderful if somehow I could collect those lectures in video format and see the man in action. Too bad, it was not videotaped.