Is this the right place for technical review of sci-fi concepts?

  • Thread starter Thread starter David Lewis
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
4 replies · 3K views
David Lewis
Messages
847
Reaction score
259
I’m working on a sci-fi novel and part of the process is building a consistent story world. While the plot includes magical and fantastical elements, I want the underlying “rules of the world” to be scientifically accurate wherever possible. My goal is to make sure the physics and technical details I use don’t contradict established science.
Would this forum be an appropriate place to ask for help reviewing specific quantum mechanical ideas for technical accuracy, or is there a better venue for that kind of question?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
berkeman said:
(Thread moved from Quantum Physics to Sci-Fi/World Building)
Well now my post just looks silly... :-p
 
DaveC426913 said:
Well now my post just looks silly... :-p
No, no! That's how I figured out where to move it. :smile: