Joke - Bill Clinton: 'Screw It, I'm Running For President'

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member

Main Question or Discussion Point

CHARLESTON, SC—After spending two months accompanying his wife, Hillary, on the campaign trail, former president Bill Clinton announced Monday that he is joining the 2008 presidential race, saying he "could no longer resist the urge."

"My fellow Americans, I am sick and tired of not being president," said Clinton, introducing his wife at a "Hillary '08" rally. "For seven agonizing years, I have sat idly by as others experienced the joys of campaigning, debating, and interacting with the people of this great nation, and I simply cannot take it anymore. I have to be president again. I have to." [continued]
Source

Edit: This is of course a joke and not to be taken seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

Math Is Hard
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
:rofl:
Clinton told reporters Tuesday that seeing so many "Clinton '08" posters "really got [him] thinking," and said that the fact that he was already wearing a suit, and smiling and waving on the campaign trail was an added motivator.
Old habits die hard.

ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
How come The Onion hasn't picked up on this story?

:)

Zz.

Figures it'd be the blokes at the Onion.

G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member
At first I thought this was a story from some joke tabloid, but if it's in the Onion, it must be true!:rolleyes:

Evo
Mentor
Ivan, you should have stated that this was a joke, a lot of people aren't familiar with The Onion.

Query: Can you really call yourself "smart" if you have no concept of satire or humor?

Evo
Mentor
Query: Can you really call yourself "smart" if you have no concept of satire or humor?
Some people don't know what The Onion is and some members have posted articles from The Onion believing that they are true. Remember also, that PF is an International community and would not understand.

I'm going to start a news corp. named "The Carrot" and make it completely serious, but crappy. Sort of like Fox News, but crappy on purpose.

Just to screw with people.

Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Ivan, you should have stated that this was a joke, a lot of people aren't familiar with The Onion.
That takes all of the fun out of it.

As I recall, we once announced that PF had been sold to the Scientologists.

Last edited: