1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Just a couple of questions on how to type out problems.

1. Aug 31, 2011 #1
    I meant to put a homework question here but i figured it out after i posted it.

But I have another question to help me in the future is there an easier way to write less than or equal to and greater than or equal to?

also how do you delete posts?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 31, 2011 #2

LCKurtz

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Look at my signature file for special symbols. You get to your signature file by clicking on My PF tab at the top of your screen.

To delete a post click on Edit post and choose to delete. This can be done if nobody has replied.

4. Aug 31, 2011 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

You guys can delete your posts?

5. Aug 31, 2011 #4

berkeman

Also, in the post composition window, click on the sigma symbol above the upper right corner of the composition box. That will open up the LaTeX editor for you.

6. Aug 31, 2011 #5
    Woah! Latex EDITOR? I've just been memorizing script as I go...

And as far as I've noticed, you can only delete your post within a certain interval of time.

Hey, look at me, changin' mah font! I can't believe I never saw those little buttons....something about the forest for the trees... and yet, there was pride in memorizing the code....gone..gone..

7. Aug 31, 2011 #6

berkeman

Rut rho...

8. Aug 31, 2011 #7

LCKurtz

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Yep. I just responded and deleted it, so if you don't see it, it worked. I don't see it.

9. Aug 31, 2011 #8

LCKurtz

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Apparently not. When I edit it I have the DELETE button option. I canceled the delete at the end because I didn't actually want to delete that post. But you can try deleting your post that I'm now responding to to check.

10. Aug 31, 2011 #9

SammyS

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Yup !

It's gone!! (My post that is.)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook