Latex FAQ not stickied any more?

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter berkeman
  • Start date
In summary, the Latex FAQ is no longer stickied in the Feedback forum, but can still be accessed through the INFO link on the menu bar. It was most likely unstickied when all howtos were combined into one thread. The post discussing Latex compatibility with Opera has no timestamp and may need to be updated to reflect the most recent compatible version of the browser. However, this information may no longer be relevant as MathJax now works with Opera 9.5 and above.
Physics news on Phys.org
I believe it was unstickied when all howtos were combined into one thread in the feedback forum. As of today they are not there, but they can be reached through the INFO link on the menu bar.

Ah, got it. Thanks Borek! :-)

Greg Bernhardt said:
That post has no timestamp that I can see. This can be problematic for statements in the post like "As of today, LaTeX doesn't work under old Opera."

Perhaps the word "today" could be replaced with an approximate date, if anybody has some idea when that was written.

[EDIT] Or maybe better, have it mention the most recent compatible version of Opera?

[EDIT #2] Oops, should have said oldest compatible version of Opera.

Last edited:
Redbelly98 said:
That post has no timestamp that I can see. This can be problematic for statements in the post like "As of today, LaTeX doesn't work under old Opera."
That statement probably is not needed any longer. MathJax works with Opera 9.5 and above. Only 8 visitors browsed PF in the last 30 days using a version less than 9.5

Yes, that part about Opera was true only around the switch to xenforo. I actually tried to edit it out, but couldn't find a way while in hurry and forgot about it later :(

Related to Latex FAQ not stickied any more?

What is the "Latex FAQ not stickied any more"?

The "Latex FAQ not stickied any more" refers to the frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for the Latex document preparation system. It contains a collection of commonly asked questions and answers related to using Latex for typesetting and document formatting.

Why is the Latex FAQ not stickied anymore?

The decision to un-sticky the Latex FAQ was likely made by the moderators of the platform or community where it was previously stickied. This could be due to a number of reasons, such as the FAQ being outdated or redundant, or the community wanting to promote other resources or discussions.

Where can I find the Latex FAQ now?

The Latex FAQ can still be accessed through various online resources, such as the Latex project website or community forums. It may also be available through a quick internet search or by asking other Latex users for a link.

Is the information on the Latex FAQ still accurate?

Since the Latex FAQ is a community-driven resource, the accuracy of its information may vary. It is always recommended to double check information found on the FAQ with official documentation or by asking experienced users for assistance.

Can I contribute to the Latex FAQ?

Yes, many Latex FAQs are open to contributions from the community. If you have a question that is not currently answered on the FAQ, or if you have a suggestion for improving an existing answer, you can reach out to the moderators or submit your contribution through the appropriate channels.