Laugh or Stay Serious? How Do You Act at a Comedy Show?

  • Thread starter Thread starter porums
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
19 replies · 3K views
porums
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Do you laugh if you go watch a comedy show in a theater especially if you sit at the front ? Or you just sit there motionless for people to consider you "serious" outside ?. :smile:

On the net, you are serious too ?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I go to comedy movies and sit somewhere in the middle.

All through the movie, I'll make scoffing noises, and whenever someone laughs, I'll say (as loud as I can) things like:

"Oh yeah, that was real 'funny'" "Wow I couldn't see that one coming a mile away"

The outcome is the inevitable advancement of level of writing in the American Comedic Movie genre. I feel I am doing a service for the other patrons in the theater. The ushers never see my point.

And we are all so very serious here on the intrawebs.
 
I go to comedy shows to do some math. Sometimes I'm in the front and other times I'm hidden in the corner. I don't laugh because that ruins my serious level of concentration.
 
I went to a comedy show where no one laughed. It was about the time that I decided not to quit my day job.
 
I have a big mirror by my computer, so I never laugh when I'm online because I might see myself.
 
Is laughing on the Interwebs the same sound as one hand clapping?
 
JasonRox said:
I go to comedy shows to do some math. Sometimes I'm in the front and other times I'm hidden in the corner. I don't laugh because that ruins my serious level of concentration.

Galois, you're alive??
 
I shush people who laugh in theaters :devil:. I mean really, such childishness.
 
The last time i had a good laugh was listening to Jasper Carrot or was it Blaster Bates.
 
Evo said:
Interwebs! Aarrrgghh!

I'm laughing because I got Evo. :smile:
 
GeorginaS said:
Is laughing on the Interwebs the same sound as one hand clapping?

No, totally different - more like the top half of a tree falling in the forest.
 
lisab said:
No, totally different - more like the top half of a tree falling in the forest.

I'd laugh if I wasn't trying to be serious on the outside. :rolleyes:
 
Sometimes I see a woman right in the midst of the front seat laughing her stomache out, but her lips do not move, her belly looks like trembling, I doubt she is afraid of her cosmetics powder used to cover her face, so thick that she is scared it will fall off out of it to let seen the wrinkles. Don't know how her husband would feel at night.
A fat man with a yellow Tshirt sat nearby don't make a single move :smile:. Although the show makes me laugh my brain out, yeah yeah so good !
 
My friends think that they are really funny so I have come to the point that I only laugh aloud if something is genuinely funny so as to keep people from believing that their mildly amusing quips are comedy genius. I also think it is funny to stare at someone straight faced just after they have made a joke.
indifferent0014.gif
 
TheStatutoryApe said:
My friends think that they are really funny so I have come to the point that I only laugh aloud if something is genuinely funny so as to keep people from believing that their mildly amusing quips are comedy genius. I also think it is funny to stare at someone straight faced just after they have made a joke.
indifferent0014.gif

Then point to your chest and say, "I'm laughing. In here."
 
:cool: They don't quite laugh before the camera because they want to show they are matured, experienced for the joke to them is so much usual.
I am so socially high ranked! Here VIP :cool: