List some valuable online resources

In summary, the conversation discussed various online resources for studying different subjects such as science and math. Some recommendations were mathispower4u.com, professor notes from universities, and the maa website for book reviews. It was also mentioned that videos and tutorials should be used as supplements, with reading a math/science book being the best option. Additionally, a website for practicing drawing Lewis Structures and other chemistry-related material was mentioned.
sahilmm15
In my previous post I asked about some science documentaries to which I got some really fantastic recommendations. Also @jedishrfu listed a very helpful website mathispower4u.com. It covered each and every important concept till high school level and the basics were also quite helpful. So, what I observed is there could be many more websites or online resources for other subjects as well(physics, chemistry,etc..) which I don't know. The mentors here are very experienced and they know the web incredibly well. So, listing out these resources would be quite helpful for me and other people here on PF.

Physics news on Phys.org
Sadly the ones I mentioned are by far the most popular lesser known ones don’t have the same pedigree and you won’t know how good or bad they are.

Although videos and tutorials are nice. They should be used as supplements and not the main study tool. Reading a math/science book is the best option with other resources treated as auxiliary.

I found professor notes helpful ( in most cases) those found on universitiy. This is too advance for you at this point, but something to consider. I extremely enjoyed the notes that Mathwonk has written and shared with the public.

Theres also the maa website for book reviews. I tend to take some of them with a grain of salt, but good for an overview of the textbook and what a more seasoned reader considers the strengths and faults with the book.

Maybe someone else can chime in here, but there was a nice website that allowed users to practice drawing Lewis Structures and other chem related stuff.

Likes S.G. Janssens

What are some valuable online resources for research?

Some valuable online resources for research include academic databases such as JSTOR, Google Scholar, and PubMed. These databases provide access to a wide range of scholarly articles, research papers, and other academic resources.

How can I find reliable information online?

To find reliable information online, it is important to critically evaluate the source and author of the information. Look for reputable websites, authors with expertise in the subject matter, and sources that are cited and referenced. Additionally, using fact-checking websites such as Snopes or FactCheck.org can help verify the accuracy of information.

Are there any online resources for statistical data?

Yes, there are many online resources for statistical data such as Statista, Data.gov, and the World Bank's Open Data platform. These websites provide access to a wide range of data on various topics, including economics, demographics, and health.

Can I access online textbooks for free?

Yes, there are several websites that offer free access to online textbooks, such as OpenStax, Project Gutenberg, and Bookboon. These websites offer a variety of textbooks in different subjects, which can be downloaded or read online for free.

Are there any online resources for learning new skills?

Yes, there are numerous online resources for learning new skills, such as Coursera, Udemy, and Skillshare. These websites offer a variety of courses in different subjects, taught by experts and professionals, that can help you develop new skills and knowledge.