Looking for a new calendar/planner for next year

In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's consideration of switching from using a Moleskine planner to a Hobonichi Techo Planner for tracking commitments and to-do lists in the upcoming year. They ask for opinions and someone suggests looking into Leuchtturm calendars, which the speaker has been using and considers to be of better quality than Moleskine notebooks.
Dr Transport
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Here we are, the end of the year and it is time to think about how I will track my commitments/time/to-do lists for next year. For about the past decade plus I have been a Molskine (http://www.moleskinerie.com/), either daily or weekly planner. I am considering a Hobonichi Techo Planner (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LKZ5NXC/?tag=pfamazon01-20) which is double the price at Amazon and which is 50% more at JetPens.

It is now time for a change and was wondering who if anyone had an opinion on the subject.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I would stronly recommend you to look at the Leuchtturm calendars.
I am using them for a long while, and they are just perfect. When compared to Moleskine notebooks, I can clearly tell that Leuchtturm has a better quality.

1. What should I consider when choosing a new calendar/planner?

When looking for a new calendar or planner, it's important to consider your specific needs and preferences. Think about the size, layout, and format of the calendar or planner that works best for you. Also consider the type of information you need to keep track of, such as appointments, tasks, or events.

2. Should I go for a paper or digital calendar/planner?

This ultimately depends on personal preference. Paper calendars/planners allow for a more hands-on, tangible experience, while digital calendars/planners offer convenience and the ability to easily sync with other devices. Consider which one will best fit your lifestyle and organizational style.

3. Are there any specific features I should look for in a calendar/planner?

Some common features to consider are a monthly and weekly layout, space for notes, and possibly additional sections for goal setting or habit tracking. You may also want to look for a durable cover and high-quality paper if you plan on carrying your calendar/planner with you.

4. What is the best time to purchase a new calendar/planner?

It's best to purchase a new calendar or planner a few months before the start of the new year, as many retailers will have them available for purchase during this time. This also gives you time to compare options and find the perfect one for you.

5. Is it necessary to spend a lot of money on a calendar/planner?

Not necessarily. There are many affordable options available that still offer great features and functionality. However, if you plan on using your calendar/planner extensively and want it to last, investing in a higher quality option may be worth it in the long run.