• Suggestion
  • Thread starter Redbelly98
  • Start date
Redbelly98
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Just thinking, when we point new users to the https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=5374" when I have a question about specific items.

So here's my suggestion: how about making each section of the https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=5374" be a separate clickable link? I mean when you add something like #homework at the end of the URL (don't know the correct term for what that's called), so that clicking the link takes you directly to the section dealing with homework, or whatever. It would be a lot easier for people to find and read exactly how to correct the specific thing they are being criticized for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
That would be nice. What I do when I give a warning of a Guideline violation is copy and paste the portion of the Guidelines they are violating.

Redbelly98 said:
So here's my suggestion: how about making each section of the https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=5374" be a separate clickable link? I mean when you add something like #homework at the end of the URL (don't know the correct term for what that's called), so that clicking the link takes you directly to the section dealing with homework, or whatever. It would be a lot easier for people to find and read exactly how to correct the specific thing they are being criticized for.

That would be nice. I'm not sure if it can be done like that, but if it can, that would be nice. Or, what I KNOW the forum software would allow is if we put each section of the rules in a separate post in that thread, and then the opening post is the clickable links to each individual post. More work when we make major changes to the rules, but actually, less effort if we just make a minor change to one section and only need to then modify one post.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited by a moderator:
Moonbear said:
Thanks for the suggestion!

You're welcome. And here's an example of what I mean, in case I didn't explain it clearly:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohr_atom#Shortcomings

I'd expect this is a standard capability of any web page editor. You could direct a member to a specific section of the rules, but at the same time you are showing them the entire document so they are aware of it.

1. Why is it important to make the rules page easier to read?

Making the rules page easier to read is important because it allows for better understanding and compliance. When information is presented in a clear and concise manner, it is easier for individuals to follow and adhere to the rules.

2. How can we make the rules page easier to read?

There are several ways to make the rules page easier to read. These include using simple and concise language, breaking up large blocks of text into smaller paragraphs, using headings and subheadings, and incorporating visual aids such as images or bullet points.

3. What are some common mistakes to avoid when trying to make the rules page easier to read?

Some common mistakes to avoid when trying to make the rules page easier to read include using technical jargon or complex language, using long and complicated sentences, and not organizing the information in a logical and easy-to-follow manner.

4. How can we ensure that the rules page is accessible to all readers?

To ensure accessibility, it is important to use a clear and legible font, provide alternative text for images, and use headings and subheadings to help organize the information. It is also important to use simple and concise language that is easy to understand for all readers.

5. How often should the rules page be updated and revised?

The rules page should be updated and revised whenever there are changes to the rules or regulations. It is important to regularly review and update the page to ensure that the information is accurate and up-to-date for readers.