Math requirements for neuroscience versus job outlook in astrophysics

  • Topic: Physics 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Subbs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Neuroscience Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 4K views
Subbs
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Let me get to the point. I'm extremely interested in neuroscience, and also with physics; specifically astrophysics. I have two questions here: Is there much math/physics involved with neuroscience? And what has a better job outlook, etc, astrophysics or neuroscience? Thanks.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I would be inclined to say as far as market demand, neuroscience would be the better market (especially with medical motivation) but there is some commercial interest in space travel now, I guess.

Neuroscience is a huge subject, with many angles. Fundamentally, there are three angles: the chemistry, the physics, or the psychology. There's also a lot of intersections with computer sciences, since the complexity of the subject requires some sophisticated data generation, manipulation, and visualization.
 
Pythagorean: Aren't you forgetting the biology?
 
I consider biology to be a composite of chemistry and physics; not fundamental, but emergent.