Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Homework Help: Matlab, code to eval Jacobian Matrix numerically

1. Sep 7, 2010 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

The question is in 5 parts all mainly to do with Newton's Method, I've done parts a,b,d and e, but am struggling with the understanding of part c. They have given us the code but unsure as to how to modify my own code to suit the question.

Another problem is I don't seem to know how to run the code they gave us.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

I've attached my code(which is the answer to part b and also what they refer to in part c as ''your newton's method code'

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 7, 2010 #2

hunt_mat

Homework Helper

I wrote my own Newton interation solver, and it wasn't too hard to do either (once I got my Jacobian defined correctly, 4 months to figure that one out...)

My matlab program was it two parts, one was computing the Jacobian by computing the Jacobian using the definition of the Jacobian. The other part defined the set of equations I wish to solve, this would usually be written as a function.

What you have here are two functions. so what you have to figure out is what are the inputs of these functions and how the function makes use of them. I would post my program but I fear that I would get slapped by the mods...

4. Jul 11, 2011 #3
    Hola amigos necesito el de N-R pero con la derivada numérica y el jacobiano con la derivada numérica me pueden ayudar saludos

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook