Mechanical Engineering Question: Spring Tension and Adjustments

• Thread starter Jonathan_Concept
  • Start date
In summary, mechanical engineering involves the design, analysis, and maintenance of mechanical systems. A key aspect of this field is the use of springs to provide tension and make adjustments in various machines and structures. Spring tension can be manipulated through adjustments such as changing the spring's length or adding additional springs in a series or parallel arrangement. These adjustments are crucial for ensuring the proper functioning and stability of mechanical systems. Additionally, understanding the properties and behavior of different types of springs is essential for the successful application of spring tension in mechanical engineering.
Jonathan_Concept
Hi, I'm Jonathan. I'm an electrical engineer who's joined the forum to ask a mechanical engineering question that I'm struggling with regarding spring tension/adjustments. I've posted in the mechanical engineering section.

Thanks to all the posting members here, this looks like a really helpful forum and maybe I'll be able to contribute from an electrical side of things in future.

Jonathan.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, Jonathan. Good to have you here. :smile:

Likes Jonathan_Concept