1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Microelectronic Circuits by Adel S. Sedra

1. Strongly Recommend

80.0%
  2. Lightly Recommend

20.0%
  3. Lightly don't Recommend

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Strongly don't Recommend

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jan 19, 2013 #1
    Last edited: May 6, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Feb 7, 2013 #2

jasonRF

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think that this is a fine first book on microelectronic circuits. The coverage is quite clear and comprehensive, and there are plenty of examples of how to analyze circuits with nonlinear elements (transistors, etc.). There are also nice tables on the different small-signal transistor models (T and Pi) and how they are related. I like this better than the book I had to buy for my class ~20 years ago (Millman and Grabel). This is one MONSTER book though - the thoroughness means that there is no shortage of pages or weight!

jason

4. Feb 28, 2013 #3
    Its my favorite book on microelectronics, very comprehensive, time demanding but very rewarding. It covers every aspect relevant to VLSI circuits.
    A must for every EE major in my opinion.

5. Feb 28, 2013 #4
    This book is definitely worth the money - packed with information. Only flaw it had, in my opinion, was the lack of mathematical proofs. Often it would jump from one point in an equation, to another point without showing really how it got there.

6. Jul 5, 2013 #5
    The only frustrating thing for me was that sometimes the "rule of thumb" used in this book for designing a given component was different than the "rule of thumb" used by my instructor, but it was definitely a very good (and monstrous) book that helped me with two separate classes (both analog and digital transistor circuits).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted